ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visa extension advise for BN(O) without any citizenship

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mimi123
Newly Registered

visa extension advise for BN(O) without any citizenship

Post by Mimi123 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:41 pm

I am British national overseas passport without any other citizenship living in U.K as a student. My current stay expire by November 2009 however the new immigration rules to grant full British citizenship to BN(O) without any other citizenship is applicable from January 2010 as per advise from Home office. The royal accent of the bill is granted on 21st July 2009.
What is the advise for me to stay legel and apply for my citizenship rights once the Home office start taking application.
My spouse(Living together from 7 years in U.K) is dependent and current stay expire in November. What do you advise for my spouse to remain legel while my application considered by nationality team.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:47 pm

how r u stateless? have u made urself stateless?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Mimi123
Newly Registered

Post by Mimi123 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:39 pm

[quote="Wanderer"]how r u stateless? have u made urself stateless?[/quote
No i have not made stateless by myself , i born in Hongkong and i am not of chinese origin. I am a British national but without any citizenship.

tina2001
Newly Registered

Re: visa extension advise for BN(O) without any citizenship

Post by tina2001 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:32 am

I am also exactly same sutiation like Mimi123. Please give us some advice how can we make process. And if possible apply before that date.

Mimi123 wrote:I am British national overseas passport without any other citizenship living in U.K as a student. My current stay expire by November 2009 however the new immigration rules to grant full British citizenship to BN(O) without any other citizenship is applicable from January 2010 as per advise from Home office. The royal accent of the bill is granted on 21st July 2009.
What is the advise for me to stay legel and apply for my citizenship rights once the Home office start taking application.
My spouse(Living together from 7 years in U.K) is dependent and current stay expire in November. What do you advise for my spouse to remain legel while my application considered by nationality team.

JAJ
Australia

Re: visa extension advise for BN(O) without any citizenship

Post by JAJ » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:52 pm

tina2001 wrote:I am also exactly same sutiation like Mimi123. Please give us some advice how can we make process. And if possible apply before that date.

You can't.

What you can do is get ready all the documentation you will need in order to apply, in order to avoid delays. Use the existing guidance for section 4B applicants.