ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ban for illegal immigrants re-entering

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jaanabee

Ban for illegal immigrants re-entering

Post by jaanabee » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:43 am

hi...

i was wondering if anyone could help me...i am confused abt the new law put in place last year..

where illegal immigrants hoping 2 re-enter would b banned?

i have read if a person leaves voluntarily and does so without using the government money will b able 2 apply a year later?

my partner was an illegal entrant and he left end of 08...we have a daughter 2gther.

i want 2 know,if this is true? wud this reflect badily on his application...

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:48 am

What application is he making? Spousal visa or Tier 1 dependant
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

jaanabee

Post by jaanabee » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:51 am

he went back home so we cud get married and he cud apply as my spouse however due 2 laws of that country it isnt possible!

so im hoping for him 2 come back as my fiance...

if the ban is as i understand it 2 b,then it wud stop him from applyin a year since he voluntarily left..

it has been 9 months already :(

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:31 am

RFL3.4 Refusal where applicant has contrived in a significant way to frustrate the intentions of the immigration rules wrote:Where 320(7C) applies which makes an applicant exempt from 320(7B), an ECO must consider whether a refusal under paragraph 320(11) is appropriate.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

jaanabee

Post by jaanabee » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:34 am

sorry vinnie,thanks 4yr help...but i still dont understand...cud my partner be banned further then 1 year?

sorry :(

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:53 am

RFL3.3 Refusal where applicant has previously breached UK law wrote:3.3.3 When does rule 320(7B) not apply?
Under paragraph 320(7C) of the immigration rules, You must not refuse an applicant under 320(7B) if they are applying in the following categories:

* Spouse, civil partner, unmarried or same-sex partner (Paragraphs 281 or 295A);
* Fiance(e), or proposed civil partner (Paragraph 290);...
No. He should be exempt from an automatic ban, if you are British or settled. However, they may consider whether a refusal under paragraph 320(11) is appropriate
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:54 am

please see this Flow Chart.

I suspect he will be alright if he applies after a year.

jaanabee

Post by jaanabee » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:04 pm

hey thanks guys!!

u have been really helpful....i have spoken 2 a lawyer 2day who confirmed the same thing really! :)

patience7

Post by patience7 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:12 pm

With flr(m) refusals for overstaying - when they talk about 1 year ban if you left "voluntarily without public expense" do they mean voluntarily as in after you get the refusal you leave and they don't physically remove you....in other words if the refusal notice said something along the lines of you are required to leave the country or they will remove you...if you do this without their expenses....and you leave before they physically deport....is this classed as voluntarily?

patience7

Post by patience7 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:42 pm

vinny wrote:
RFL3.3 Refusal where applicant has previously breached UK law wrote:3.3.3 When does rule 320(7B) not apply?
Under paragraph 320(7C) of the immigration rules, You must not refuse an applicant under 320(7B) if they are applying in the following categories:

* Spouse, civil partner, unmarried or same-gender partner (Paragraphs 281 or 295A);
No. He should be exempt from an automatic ban, if you are British or settled. However, they may consider whether a refusal under paragraph 320(11) is appropriate
Are you guys basically saying that if janabees fiance was applying outside the uk for entry clearance to uk with a "spousal visa" and not fiance visa he would not have to wait a year to apply to come back after returning home he could apply straight away?

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:07 am

patience7 wrote:
vinny wrote:

* Spouse, civil partner, unmarried or same-gender partner (Paragraphs 281 or 295A);
Are you guys basically saying that if janabees fiance was applying outside the uk for entry clearance to uk with a "spousal visa" and not fiance visa he would not have to wait a year to apply to come back after returning home he could apply straight away?
No. I don't think that is what we were saying.

Exemptions (320(7C)) from ban (320(7B)) is the same for both Fiance(e) and spouses, as well as other settlement applications.

ginoT

Post by ginoT » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:51 am

jaanabee, you might want to consider getting authorisation from the consulate in the home country of your partner to get married there. Then you will be able to apply for the spouse visa straight away - financée visa is expensive and coupled with the spouse visa in the UK we're talking pretty big bucks. Of course, it all depends on where you really want to get married of course

jaanabee

Post by jaanabee » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:59 pm

ginoT wrote:jaanabee, you might want to consider getting authorisation from the consulate in the home country of your partner to get married there. Then you will be able to apply for the spouse visa straight away - financée visa is expensive and coupled with the spouse visa in the UK we're talking pretty big bucks. Of course, it all depends on where you really want to get married of course
hey ginoT...

its a long complicated story! :(

my partner left voluntarily december 08,and for the past 8 months we have been trying to marry in his home country. however due to the laws conflicting,we r unable! so fiancee visa is the only option!

how expensive are we talking here?

p.s i contacted the consulate and i paid 70-80 quid on papers that didnt help,still we live and learn i guess!

ginoT

Post by ginoT » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:44 pm

as far as I remember fiancée visas cost about the same price as a spouse visa which is about £600 abroad. So you'll end up paying £1200!!

I don't know what you mean by "conflicting laws", but if you are both not married, you should be able to marry in most countries in the world and get the consulate to accept it for the purposes of the spouse visa. Check with the consulate/UkVisas for more details

jaanabee

Post by jaanabee » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:11 pm

ginoT wrote:as far as I remember fiancée visas cost about the same price as a spouse visa which is about £600 abroad. So you'll end up paying £1200!!

I don't know what you mean by "conflicting laws", but if you are both not married, you should be able to marry in most countries in the world and get the consulate to accept it for the purposes of the spouse visa. Check with the consulate/UkVisas for more details
hi ginoT ... 600 pounds :O omg thats ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i thought it wud be a reasonable amount...but the UK border people must be really be rolling in it with prices that high :(

My parents legally changed my name 12 years ago,i have the deed letter signed by my parents,stamped by the lawyer...obviously the name on my birth certificate and passport is not the same (this cant be changed) and under their law...this cant b accepted...

:(

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:15 pm

Janabee have you any evidence that you and your partner lived for two years as a partner, before he left the UK in 2008. If you do, you can apply for the Unmarried partners visa, which awards the same right as a spousal visa, and valid for 2 years too.

jaanabee

Post by jaanabee » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:20 pm

Obie wrote:Janabee have you any evidence that you and your partner lived for two years as a partner, before he left the UK in 2008. If you do, you can apply for the Unmarried partners visa, which awards the same right as a spousal visa, and valid for 2 years too.
hmmm i spoke 2 a lawyer recently,who didnt mention that? i thought this was the only way? Is it not just the same thing?

We have a baby who is 15 months..photographs...nothing in terms of hard evidence,like bills or letters.

we entered a religious ceremony nearly 2 years ago,although I dont have the certificate 2 prove it. Although the lawyer seems 2 think pictures of me and my partner signing the paper is enough 2 constitute a genuine relationship!...heres hoping :)

ginoT

Post by ginoT » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:32 pm

Obie - I thought the unmarried visa only applied to same sex partners?

jaanabee, yeah the legal issues you mention sound very messy indeed. If you can't find some cheap legal way of resolving them then fiancee visa is the only option then. Not sure what the fiancee visa cost is in the home country, but for Russia it's about £715. Then you've the FLR(M) application over here to pay which is currently about £470. All in £1185

cheap it aint

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:33 pm

Evidence you will need to support that application.
Can I join my unmarried or same-sex partner in the UK?
You can apply to join your unmarried or same-sex partner in the UK, as long as:

* they currently live and are settled in the UK, or they are coming to live permanently in the UK, and
* you and your sponsor are both aged 21 and over.

Back to questions

How do I qualify to join my unmarried or same-sex partner in the UK?
You and your unmarried or same-sex partner must show that:

* any previous marriage, civil partnership or similar relationship, has permanently broken down
* you have been living together in a relationship similar to marriage or civil partnership for two years or more
* you have suitable accommodation which is owned or lived in only by you and your household, and where you and your dependants can live without any help from public funds
* you can support yourselves and any dependants without any help from public funds
* you intend to live together permanently
* your partner is not under 21, and
* you are not under 21.

The Entry Clearance Officer will need to see evidence of a two-year relationship. This may include:

* documents showing joint commitments, such as bank accounts, investments, rent agreements or mortgages, and
* letters linking you to the same address, and official records (such as a gas or electricity bill or proof of your rent or mortgage arrangements) of your address

At first, you will be allowed to stay and work in the UK for two years. Near the end of this time, if you are still partners and intend to continue living together, you can apply to stay permanently in the UK.

If you and your unmarried or same-sex partner have been living together outside the UK for four years or more and you meet all the necessary requirements to stay permanently in the UK, you may be granted indefinite leave to enter. These requirements include showing that you have the necessary level of knowledge of the English language and life in the UK (see the relevant section of this guidance for more information).
Back to questions

jaanabee

Post by jaanabee » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:39 pm

hmmm i dont have any solid proof... :( aside from a child,and the time we have spent apart i have gone back and forth to his country?

yes GinoT...after 8 months running around,we had 2 choose another route...I think its roughly the same in his country,i doubt it differs much.

apart from the visa money,theres the legal fees,accomodation report...endless papers paid 4 :( this is shaping up 2 be the most expensive few years of my life!

ginoT

Post by ginoT » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:44 pm

it gets worse - you could get the fiancee visa rejected, then have to wait 6-9months for an appeal, and get lawyers 'n all involved in that too!

choose your next step very very carefully. Also one solicitor might not be the most knowledgeable one. Try to get some free advice from a selection and base your decision off that + what you read off this forum.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:51 pm

If all the documentations she provides are water tight, i am sure there is every possibility that her partner will be able to secure the visa.

The worse thing to think, is that you will fail after all the hard work.

jaanabee

Post by jaanabee » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:52 pm

ginoT wrote:it gets worse - you could get the fiancee visa rejected, then have to wait 6-9months for an appeal, and get lawyers 'n all involved in that too!

choose your next step very very carefully. Also one solicitor might not be the most knowledgeable one. Try to get some free advice from a selection and base your decision off that + what you read off this forum.
hmm i know wat u mean :( but in terms of asking around 4 lawyers,i have found a pretty gd (i hope) and confident one.. who isnt that expensive compared 2 others i have seen!

I have faith in him and he has been helpful,apparently it may not be as difficult as i imagined ..i can prove my relationship is genuine easily,i just really dont wana wait 6 - 9 months longer ! its been 8 months already :( of course i will submit all overseas court papers 2 prove this...and argue under Article 8 .

Wish me gd luck

lets hope :D

jaanabee

Post by jaanabee » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:55 pm

lol obie..

yes the lawyer seems 2 think the same... apparently,given enough time and effort,hard work and determination it cud work

:D hopeful,is the only way forward i guess

ginoT

Post by ginoT » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:26 pm

I'm hoping your child's birth certificate has your name as seen in your passport on it. If so I think proof of partner is a given

Go over the application like there's no tomorrow, know the rules inside out, read the diplomatic service procedures for the application in question. If so you should be fine

fingers crossed!