ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR: Is letter from previous employer required????

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

remo1
Newly Registered

ILR: Is letter from previous employer required????

Post by remo1 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:36 pm

I'm a work permit holder. I came to UK during Sep 2004 and soon I'll be applying (PEO) for indefinite leave to remain on completing 5 years’ continuous stay in the UK as a work permit holder. I switched to a different employer around 3 years back and got my work permit transferred to my new employer that time.
By reading the Set(O) application form and guidance form, I understand that I don't need to submit any letter from my previous employer for my ILR application. Please could you confirm whether my understanding is correct. I'm confused because in the forums, members have indicated that they have been asked to produce the letter from the previous employer at PEO office esp Croydon. My previous employer doesn't has a policy of giving out such letters.
Your responses are much appreciated.
Thanks.