ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 4-25th WEEK AFTER BIOMETRICS & UKBA SAYS-UNDER PROG

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

raw33
Newly Registered

TIER 4-25th WEEK AFTER BIOMETRICS & UKBA SAYS-UNDER PROG

Post by raw33 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:38 am

My STUDENT EXTENSION Story goes like this...

I applied in January 2009 for an extension on student visa.

At that time there wasn't anything called UKBA sponsored list of colleges.

The mandatory thing was the course upon which a student applies should be a UK awarding body affiliated of Certified one.

The pros with my application:
1. I provided all the relevant documents, including course papers, sponsorsip letter, funds, fees all paid etc.
2. Had biometrics and got them cleared.
3. No query so far.

CONS with my application:

1. Unfortunately i applied on such a course which wasn't a UK awarding certified one.
2. My college authorities feared that my application might get a query or a refusal as my course doesn't meet the requirements of UKBA list of courses upon which a student can apply. So, they asked me to mail UKBA BORDER AGENCY TIER 4 with different set of papers stating i have terminated the course upon realizing that i might not be granted a visa as my course doesn't meet the requirements and also provided me with a covering letter and admission papers of a UK awarding body course, by this time my biometrics were recorded.
3. 25th week running after biometric and whenever i ring them up they say - UNDER PROCESS and i need to continue to wait.
4. Now as the new rules have been implemented, i find my college no where in the sponsored list of colleges.

If they start my processing are they gonna do according to the rules they set for students who were ought to apply in january or are they gonna look at my application with new rules to find my college is not on their list of colleges? :(

I can't take this anymore, I feel frustrated, no query, no refusal, no response!!!!

Shall i continue to keep my quiet and continue to wait?

Should i write to them asking for a decision?

Replies and Answers highly appreciated folks!!!
:)

angel7
Newly Registered

Post by angel7 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:04 pm

Hi,
I think I met you under different topic too.
I think Ur new date of submition of the application would be the date you have put new papers for recognised course. If that date is after new rules then you will have problems with collage.
Technicaly rules apply after the date that they chnage rules. But a u aware HSMP applicants story, they were assessed on new rule until they gone to courts and got and court order.
So It is a BIG BIG question. What they might do?
I understand your pain.
What should you do woudl mainly depend on your plans for the future. If you do not want many disturbs in the case of refusal for exampl have exams do finish them before start any questios with HO.
Depend on your position could be brave and ask HO.