ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal STRESS

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

promise44
Newly Registered

Appeal STRESS

Post by promise44 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:11 pm

I have been waiting for some time now for some sort of decision from AIT. I am doing a paper hearing and called up AIT today and was told I have to wait until a judge becomes available and the process could take 6-8 months. I can't tell you how discouraging that was to hear that.

Does anyone have any experience with paper hearings and how long it takes? I can't wait 6-8 months for a judge to hear my case.

Issue: maintenance , but submitted new bank statements with appeal to cover the shortfall.

Dates so far
applied- 17.4.09
refused 9.6.09
appealed (paper) 15.6.09

vinata

Post by vinata » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:55 pm

Yes, it does take longer than the hearing appeal. I personally would recomend you to move your case from the paper to hearing appeal. It is free of charge, but in this instance, you will know the exact date for the hearing and you will also have the chance to tell the judge why the decision of the HO was wrong.

promise44
Newly Registered

Post by promise44 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:15 pm

Thanks for your advice vinata. I guess it's better to know for sure when the appeal will be than to wait in limbo. I will call up the AIT to find out about the process.

Cheers

nikitasha8

Post by nikitasha8 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:00 pm

Hi

I had gone through paper hearing but it did not take so long to get the decision. check dates below.

visa applied: 16th fEB
visa rejected: 29th april
paper appeal submitted : 15th may
acknowledgement received: 25th may to submit all evidence before 24th june.

evidence submitted 23rd june
paper passed to judge for decision on 20th july.
appeal won : 11th august.

Initially on 21st of july i called AIT to withdraw my case and they said my case is already with judge so i should better wait for decisionand i should get my decision within 10 days. I called AIT again after 10 days to agan withdraw my case and they instead asked me to fax a letter requesting faster decision tothe judge and then i received my decision within 4 days.

sometimes judge had already made the decision but they take time to send us decision so wait for 1 month after you have send your evidence and then keep chasing up repeatedly.

All the best.

ash786
BANNED

Re: Appeal STRESS

Post by ash786 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:17 pm

promise44 wrote:I have been waiting for some time now for some sort of decision from AIT. I am doing a paper hearing and called up AIT today and was told I have to wait until a judge becomes available and the process could take 6-8 months. I can't tell you how discouraging that was to hear that.

Does anyone have any experience with paper hearings and how long it takes? I can't wait 6-8 months for a judge to hear my case.

Issue: maintenance , but submitted new bank statements with appeal to cover the shortfall.

Dates so far
applied- 17.4.09
refused 9.6.09
appealed (paper) 15.6.09
1. U just hav to wait for u letter.
2. Even if u go for oral hearing then u might get an early date but after u win the appeal the HO normally contact u within 1 to 3 months.
3. Either way its guna take longer than u r expecting.