ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

COA application by overstayer

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hopeless2009
Newly Registered

COA application by overstayer

Post by hopeless2009 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:03 pm

Hi Guys

I am an overstayer by around 5 years and I have been living with my girlfriend a french national for a year. However , we have been in a relationship in total for 2 years and a half.

We are considering whether we should apply for a COA first to get married or apply for eea2 family permit on the basis of our relationship. I know if we apply for coa the Home office can issue a removal notice to me.

Your help on this will be great. Are there any overstayers who has been successful recently.

Many thanks for your help.

spoiltbratt
Newly Registered

hello

Post by spoiltbratt » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:24 pm

hi

I was talking to a solicitor about it few days ago about over stayed people getting married and he said it's possible & he had a certain case with him which got thru successfully. I will advice u to consult a solicitor before u go for it . Best Of luck

jude

Re: COA application by overstayer

Post by jude » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:16 pm

It is possible , you do not even need to contact a lawyer for that , if you have all ur document and you know or sure that is real then just apply your self . I was told if ur visa expire no matter the year as long you can show that you were in uk that is better than nothing.
hallo