ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application deadlines

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bb21

Application deadlines

Post by bb21 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:47 pm

Hi all again. I'm sure this has been covered before but I can't seem to find any answer to it.

I've completed my 10 years for ILR purposes this month and am thinking of applying somewhere early next year. However on quite a few occasions I have posted my application for extension on the final day of existing stay. I have retained all the Post Office recorded receipts for them but am now discovering from a few websites that the applications should ARRIVE at UKBA before the final day of validity. I was pretty sure at the time that posting on the final day did not impact on the continuity of the stay. I am wondering if anybody could clarify the current situation for me and confirm if the policy had changed?

Furthermore, due to the above, I fully expect my SAR (currently in progress) to be showing breaks between end of the existing stay and the date of receipt for the applications in a few places. Does this mean that I had 'techniquely' overstayed? In formal communication letters, the HO have always approved of my application and it has never been mentioned (overstaying), had it become a problem.

Finally, if the answer is no to the question above, I guess I would have to bring proof of post with me when I go for the appointment. Are there special measures needed to certify the authenticity of these receipts?

Help much appreciated. Thanks.

bb21

Post by bb21 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:58 pm

*bump*

Does anybody know?