ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT ; I need some advice

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

charles4u
Member of Standing

URGENT ; I need some advice

Post by charles4u » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:19 am

As some of you might know here in this forum, I am a family member of a Romanian with a residence for 5yrs. I wanna visit Hungary for like 2 weeks then from there a friend of mine and I wanna go together to Germany and Holland then after a week..come back to Hungary b4 I finally depart to Romania.

I called the Hungarian embassy in Romania and they said I can go without a visa, but since I would want to visit Germany and Holland then I guess its a different rule. So I called Netherland embassy in Romania and they told me if I have to go alone then I need to apply for a visa on normal rules (invitation from Holland, bank acct, hotel reservation and bla bla), same goes for German embassy also.

I dont just know what to do, Hungarian embassy in Romania refuse to give me a Schengen visa cus they said I can go without a visa.

Pls anyone have a solution for me ?
Charles4u

dar_man
Newly Registered

Post by dar_man » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:40 pm

I am not an expert but I think:

If you are travelling with your spouse (or going to meet him/her at the destination) then you don't need a visa to travel anywhere within Schengen area.

If you are travelling alone, you should get a visa. In this case getting the visa should be free and simpler than usual tourist visas (for example they shouldn't ask you for invitations, tickets, insurance etc).

From your message it looks like you will be traveling without your spouse. Did you mention this to the Hungarian embassy?

Good luck...

dar_man
Newly Registered

Post by dar_man » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:45 pm

I forgot to mention, you can find more on this here:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=27612

charles4u
Member of Standing

Post by charles4u » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:51 pm

dar_man wrote:I am not an expert but I think:

If you are travelling with your spouse (or going to meet him/her at the destination) then you don't need a visa to travel anywhere within Schengen area.

If you are travelling alone, you should get a visa. In this case getting the visa should be free and simpler than usual tourist visas (for example they shouldn't ask you for invitations, tickets, insurance etc).

From your message it looks like you will be traveling without your spouse. Did you mention this to the Hungarian embassy?

Good luck...
Thank you for your reply, first yes I mentioned am travelling alone to Hungary to the Hungarian embassy in Romania and they said I can still go without a visa and he even decribed the kinda ID that I should have (looks like a Romanian ID, has EU symbol inbuilt and bla bla bla) and this is what I have.

Anyway Bulgaria, Cyprus and Hungary allows a Residence card for EU family members holders to travel alone to their country once they show prove of marriage certificate, ID and passport.

The problem now is that I will be visiting Germany and Holland also but this countries requires more documents for application even for family members.

I'm just kinda confused.
Charles4u

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:54 pm

A resident card issued under directive 2004/38EC by a Schengen state, allows the holder to travel around these states with or without their EEA family member without a visa, for up to three months.

As Romania is not yet member of Schengen state, you have to be aware that each member state can set their rules on the requirements. I have heard that the Hungarian authorities are flexible and some Scandinavian countries allows you to travel independently. However, you have to check with them and see what they say.

All the best Charles.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

charles4u
Member of Standing

Post by charles4u » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:38 pm

Obie wrote:A resident card issued under directive 2004/38EC by a Schengen state, allows the holder to travel around these states with or without their EEA family member without a visa, for up to three months.

As Romania is not yet member of Schengen state, you have to be aware that each member state can set their rules on the requirements. I have heard that the Hungarian authorities are flexible and some Scandinavian countries allows you to travel independently. However, you have to check with them and see what they say.

All the best Charles.
I understand you but the directive 2004/38EC 2009 report says : As the right to be issued with an entry visa is derived from the family link with the EU citizen, Member States may require only the presentation of a valid passport and evidence of the family link20 (and also dependency, serious health grounds, durability of partnerships, where applicable). No additional documents, such as a proof of accommodation, sufficient resources, an invitation letter or return ticket, can be required.
http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/Lex ... FIN:EN:PDF

Flexible or not flexible...I dont even mind applying for the visa but shouldnt the requirements be according to the EU law when issuing visas for EU family members ?
Charles4u