ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

DOCUMENTS FOR CIVIL MARRIAGE SPAIN AND INDIA

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

CRISTINACD
Newly Registered

DOCUMENTS FOR CIVIL MARRIAGE SPAIN AND INDIA

Post by CRISTINACD » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:15 pm

Hi,

I'd like to get some information about how to start the process of a civil marriage between a Spanish citizen and an Indian one.We still don't know about where it'll take place(Spain or India).Who should we contact for all the required documentation in both countries?.

We both live in UK so is it possible for him to work here having the Spanish residency?.

Regards,
Cristina

charles4u
Member of Standing

Re: DOCUMENTS FOR CIVIL MARRIAGE SPAIN AND INDIA

Post by charles4u » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:32 pm

CRISTINACD wrote:Hi,

I'd like to get some information about how to start the process of a civil marriage between a Spanish citizen and an Indian one.We still don't know about where it'll take place(Spain or India).Who should we contact for all the required documentation in both countries?.

We both live in UK so is it possible for him to work here having the Spanish residency?.

Regards,
Cristina
I suggest you contact the Spanish and Indian embassy in London, I heard they arrange marriage at the embassy or something or better still you can get married in the UK and legalise it in Spanish or Indian embassy in London. The both embassies can also provide other alternatives.

He cant work in UK with spanish residence, he has to apply for EEA 2 in UK which is for EU family member residence permit.
Charles4u

CRISTINACD
Newly Registered

Post by CRISTINACD » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:13 am

Thank you for your help.We live in Scotland so would it be possible to get it done in the Spanish/Indian consulates in Edinburgh?.

charles4u
Member of Standing

Post by charles4u » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:50 pm

CRISTINACD wrote:Thank you for your help.We live in Scotland so would it be possible to get it done in the Spanish/Indian consulates in Edinburgh?.
I suggest you contact them for further details and verifications, cus sometimes this embassies have different information and most of them are not updated on the current changes.

But I am sure the embassy can assist you with all necessary procedures and most of the EU embassies operate this kinda things. I advice you contact Spanish embassy first.
Charles4u

CRISTINACD
Newly Registered

Post by CRISTINACD » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:33 pm

Fantastic.I'll do so.Thank you!!.