ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can a tourist come to ireland carrying a one way ticket?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

appleangel
Newly Registered

Can a tourist come to ireland carrying a one way ticket?

Post by appleangel » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:29 pm

my mom's holiday visa application was approved .shes suppose to fly here on sept 12 and stay for 3 months. unfortunately things turn out worst for us (my husband is her sponsor)financially, I just want to ask if i can get my mom a one way ticket first and then a month before shes suppose to leave i'll get her a ticket back home to d philippines. i plan to get a job again while shes here...my plan is to work while shes here and then have my dad apply for a holiday visa too so when my mom comes home ,my dad will be here to mind d baby...i cant afford d creche here,its so expensive and i cant find a cheap and trustworthy baby sitter for her...i hope you could give me an advice please?i'd really appreciate it...:( im just so desperate right now to get a job so i kud help my husband with d expenses and support my sisters' education back home..thanks in advance!

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:08 pm

Musta kabayan! its better getting a return ticket, there are some Americans being sent back because they have one way ticket.

There is a travel agency in Middle Abbey St. sometimes they can arrange for a cheap return Philippine ticket.

In the end its cheaper to get a two way ticket.

ciaramc

Post by ciaramc » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:08 pm

I doubt they will be allowed enter with a one way ticket....remember a visa is just that it does not guarntee entry it is up to the immigration officer at the port of entry and a one way ticket will just look suspicious!

And is a return ticket not cheaper??? Usually they are?

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:16 pm

if your mother arrived on a one way ticket, immigration officer may suspect that she was intending to stay longer than three months and could easily refuse her entry. that would cost you much more than buying her a return ticket.

El shaddai
Member of Standing

Post by El shaddai » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:39 pm

Not adviceable for your mum to come with one way ticket because she will definitely be turn back and you gonna waste all your efforts and money.try as much as possible to get the return ticket to avoid any embarassement and unneccessary harrassement.

pahadia
Ireland

Post by pahadia » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:32 pm

Check the price of one way and then return ticket and then decide if it is worth the hastle. Some time one way could be more expensive then return ticket (yes you readit right!!!)...I am talking from experience...

appleangel
Newly Registered

Post by appleangel » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:31 pm

Thank you smalltime,ciaramc,agniukas,El shaddai,pahadia!!!

Thanks for all ur advice:) we finally got my mom a return ticket!she'll be here next week!