ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Residency in Romania

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

daexpat
Newly Registered

Residency in Romania

Post by daexpat » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:46 am

Last edited by daexpat on Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

charles4u
Member of Standing

Re: Residency in Romania (Based on Marriage)

Post by charles4u » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:21 pm

daexpat wrote:Hello,

Im hoping someone will be able to give me an answer to my query.

Im an Indian national married to a Romanian woman and after living in the GCC for a good number of years, we have now decided to move back to Romania. I have a 1 year multiple entry C Visa for Romania, which allows me 90days stay for every rolling 180 days.

Once Im in Romania, what exactly do I need to apply for the Temp or Permanent residency there? I have been speaking to 2 different law firms from Bucharest and they both give me 2 different answers.

The 1st firm told me that , I need to come to ROM, then leave and go to India to apply for a Visa D. Only if Im on a Visa D (long term), can I proceed with the application for residency.

The 2nd firm tells me: Visa C is all I need to be on. And they can assist me to get the Residency, based on my marriage to a Rom citizen.

Now, I am thoroughly confused and I dont want to waste any time by doing the wrong thing. All I need to know is do I need the Visa D or can I apply for residency, based on my current Visa C?

Any advice?

Thanks

Al
Very simple, once you arrive in Romania..Go to the immigration office with your wife and apply for a residence permit.

They will ask you to pay for some fee which is like a tax for you not to return for any kinda of visa, you only need to pay some amount and submit you marraige certificate with some other papers...thats all

You dont need to go back or out of Romania to apply for any visa once you are married to a Romanian and you have the marriage certificate plus accomodation contract in Romania.
Charles4u

daexpat
Newly Registered

Post by daexpat » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:26 pm

Last edited by daexpat on Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

alphcruz
Newly Registered

daexpat

Post by alphcruz » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:01 pm

hello, u do not need a lawyer.the process is pretty simple.i am married to a romanian too.You do not need to go back ,u will pay 400 lei,(100 euros) tax for not going back.

You will need to present documents confirming ur marriage.I got my Residence card in 10 days.its pretty easy.except a very long interview with the immigration authorities.Dont worry .

charles4u
Member of Standing

Re: daexpat

Post by charles4u » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:39 am

alphcruz wrote:hello, u do not need a lawyer.the process is pretty simple.i am married to a romanian too.You do not need to go back ,u will pay 400 lei,(100 euros) tax for not going back.

You will need to present documents confirming ur marriage.I got my Residence card in 10 days.its pretty easy.except a very long interview with the immigration authorities.Dont worry .
You got the "Carte De Rezidenta Pentru Membrii De Familie" in 10 days ????????????????

What Nationality are you and how long have you stayed in Romania ?

Yea...the interview is hell with fustrating questions, they even asked me which side of the bed do we both sleep (Me..the wall side.. :lol: ).
Charles4u

daexpat
Newly Registered

10 days !

Post by daexpat » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:44 am

Last edited by daexpat on Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

Majeztic

Post by Majeztic » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:19 am

hey ali,

why did u hire a lawyer?? u dont need a lawyer at all, and 300 euros is alot because he wont do much,u could of done it alone easily, the validity of the card is 5 years.If you have been married for more than 3 years or have kids,u wont do an interview.
Concerning the RC it takes 10 days to 3 weeks.I got mine in 2 weeks,But nothing beats germany for RC!! 3 days only!

alphcruz
Newly Registered

Post by alphcruz » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:27 am

like i told you before ,even 100 euros is too much,You dont need a lawyer,what for? if you have a genuine marriage and can prove that,why do u need a lawyer?

lIsten to get the residence card,u will need to submit to the birou pentu straini,
marriage cert
passport copy(data pages and entry visa)
medical certificate( to show u are not health risk) after u submit these documents, the immigration officer will give u a personal identifcation number,with this number u will go to the National social insurance and pay a fee of 39 lei ,and some other taxes that will amount to about 20 lei.

when u sumbit u social insurance and taxes, an interview date will be booked for you.u will be interview to make sure ur marriage in genuine.u will need an interpreter if you cant speak romanian.

the residence card is for 5 years. the total expenditure is not even 50 euros,why do u need a lawyer?

daexpat
Newly Registered

Post by daexpat » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:07 am

Last edited by daexpat on Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

exoticbeauty
Newly Registered

Post by exoticbeauty » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:46 pm

they do not interview couples married out of romania and couple that have children,or those who are married for several years before they apply for viza/residence etc...
but in any case you had to apply to Consulate/Embassy of Romania in the place you live or nearest to you,with your wife,her id,your marriage certificate...i dont know if the viza you have now can lead you to rezidence card for family members of romanian citizen,but if your lawyer said it works,then it should,after you arrive in Romania,30 days(at least) before your viza expires you apply for rezidence card,availabe 5 years,taxes for visa are less than 5$,but you ll have to bring up some papers done through public notary,give some declarations etc and pay health insurance... but it would cost(as guys already said)top 100 euro...
oficial site of Romanian Office for Immigration is ori.mai.gov.ro ...there you find any law you need about immigration such as taxes etc
goodluck

daexpat
Newly Registered

List of documents to apply for Carte de rezidenta

Post by daexpat » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:10 am

Last edited by daexpat on Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

charles4u
Member of Standing

Re: List of documents to apply for Carte de rezidenta

Post by charles4u » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:16 am

daexpat wrote:As per the lawyer, this is what I need to prepare .....

Necessary documents:

- 2 recent photos (passport type)

- your passport including the page referring to the last entrance in Romania (original and copy);

- your wife's Romanian identity card (original and copy);

- marriage certificate (original and copy). We understand that the marriage certificate was issued by the Romanian embassy however, if the marriage certificate was not issued by Romanian authorities it should be transcribed with the Romanian authorities before the application.

- proof of accommodation in Romania - i.e. rental / ownership contract. In case of a rental contract, if the landlord is an individual, the contract should be registered with the Romanian Tax Authorities. In case you are not stated in the contract, the actual lessee must declare that you are allowed to reside in that apartment.

- facultative health insurance valid for 2 months issued by the Romanian Health Insurance House (original); we can assist with your registration to the Health Insurance House, if our service is required.

- medical certificate issued by any Romanian doctor attesting that you do not suffer from any disease that may endanger public health (original); the medical certificate is valid for 30 days from the issuing date.

- standard application form - we will assist with the completion

- administration taxes to be paid at the National Savin House (CEC) on your behalf - we will assist: RON 7; fiscal stamp of RON 1.

Any suggestions to this from charles4u, alphacruz or majeztic?

Cheers
Correct, those are the required documents for the application.
Charles4u

maggie14
Newly Registered

Post by maggie14 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:15 pm

hi!i want to ask u? please, could u tell me what kind of health insurance did u have to get visa? i am romanian and my husband wants to travel and he need sort of healthi nsurance valid in romania which confuse us.
thank u

Im hoping someone will be able to give me an answer to my query.

Im married to a Romanian woman and after living in the GCC for a good number of years, we have now decided to move back to Romania. I have a 1 year multiple entry C Visa for Romania, which allows me 90days stay for every rolling 180 days.

Once Im in Romania, what exactly do I need to apply for the Temp or Permanent residency there? I have been speaking to 2 different law firms from Bucharest and they both give me 2 different answers.

The 1st firm told me that , I need to come to ROM, then leave to apply for a Visa D. Only if Im on a Visa D (long term), can I proceed with the application for residency.

The 2nd firm tells me: Visa C is all I need to be on. And they can assist me to get the Residency, based on my marriage to a Rom citizen.

Now, I am thoroughly confused and I dont want to waste any time by doing the wrong thing. All I need to know is do I need the Visa D or can I apply for residency, based on my current Visa C?

Any advice?

Thanks

Al[/quote]

charles4u
Member of Standing

Post by charles4u » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:27 pm

maggie14 wrote:hi!i want to ask u? please, could u tell me what kind of health insurance did u have to get visa? i am romanian and my husband wants to travel and he need sort of healthi nsurance valid in romania which confuse us.
thank u
]
Your boyfriend is from Zimbabwe I suppose and you are both living in the UK. You need a health insurance which can be obtained from any travel agency. So you can go to any travel agency for details.

Mind you...they issue the days to stay in Romania (Visa) according to the days the insurance is valid. So make sure you make an insurance of one month if you intend to stay in Romania for one month.

Well he has overstayed in UK...I hope he gets the visa for Romania.
Charles4u

emmasu
Newly Registered

Post by emmasu » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:48 pm

hey, how about the the proof of financial means and means of supporting the family member????
no body mentioned this one needed for the visa???