ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Good Advice Needed ASAP

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ItsWell2008
Newly Registered

Good Advice Needed ASAP

Post by ItsWell2008 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:09 pm

I am a non eu in the Uk,been studying over here for a while.i did both of degrees here.I am about to get married to Briton from d same tribe. I have been studying in the UK for 6 years now. I have done 2 Masters degreee at Universities and also doing My Phd right now. But not done any research for a while... Took time off
I wish to know if its possible to convert my Visa to a spouse visa? Likewise,what documents are required for me to take to the PEO in person? Should I just stick with the ones requested for on the form? Or would I need a document from the University? If Yes,what documents would be required

Thanks in anticipation of your response.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:16 pm

Tribe?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:57 pm

If I've understood correctly and you haven't been studying, I wouldn't recommend applying in person as you'll be asked for your record of attendance.
Are you both over 21?

ItsWell2008
Newly Registered

Post by ItsWell2008 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:36 pm

i did the first year and 2nd year but been preparing for my wedding, so i have not concluded the draft of my thesis. Given some time off
Just want to know what document is needed?
could get a letter from my supervisor?
if i post it,wats d average time of processing.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:40 pm

Form FLR(M). Fee is £445 for postal application. Download the form from the UKBA website. If you apply by post they may not ask for proof of attendance. I'd suggest you submit the postal application without the letter explaining your absence from studies, and they will write to ask you to provide it if it's necessary. In other words, if you don't draw attention to it, there may not be a problem. It's likely to take up to 3 months to process, but you remain here legally under the visa status at the time of your application.
If you apply in person, you will be asked to show that you've been attending studies as per the conditions of your visa, and you run the risk of refusal.