ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Requirements and advices for Stamp 4(Help)

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ghostriderinthesky
Newly Registered

Requirements and advices for Stamp 4(Help)

Post by ghostriderinthesky » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:21 pm

Hi people i know there more be more cases like this in the forum but i am looking for advices for my specific case. so here we go:

Me and my wife are planning to make a life in Ireland : ) she was working there (she is not from Ireland but from another EU country)before i met her then she came to my country (non-EU) then i went to Ireland to visit her and then she came again the last time for many months we were living together here and we got married. We agreed that our life in Ireland could be better so we decided to move. she went back to Ireland a couple months ago and its working already, we are about to enter the process of reunification and here is where i need your advices. i am really worried to be sent back home on the airport and about filling all the requirements for the Stamp 4 so in some months i could stay living and working in Ireland.

Questions:

when i go in a few weeks to Ireland should i say that i go as a tourist visiting my girlfriend or friend (like i did last year) or should i say the truth and say i plan to legalize my marriage there to stay living with my wife?

i found the website with the requirements to stay legally in ireland married to an EU, when i have to show things like marriage cert, pics, passports, birth cert, etc...is really the process that simple? what problems can i have?

Basically i want advices for not having problems with the migration officer in the airport and with the process of staying longer the + / - 1 1/2 months i bought my ticket while i get the stamp 4 as with filling the requirement for the stamp 4. Thanks in advance to everyone! :D

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:52 pm

are you a visa required national? if yes, you will need visa to enter ireland.
at the airport you should tell the truth that you are coming to stay with your EU wife, who should wait for you at the airport. have all the documents ready to show to the immigration officer at the airport.
you mentioned that you got married and then saying that you are going to legalize your marriage. so are you married or not?
applications under EU treaty rights take 6 months to process.

ghostriderinthesky
Newly Registered

Post by ghostriderinthesky » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:31 pm

agniukas wrote:are you a visa required national? if yes, you will need visa to enter ireland.
at the airport you should tell the truth that you are coming to stay with your EU wife, who should wait for you at the airport. have all the documents ready to show to the immigration officer at the airport.
you mentioned that you got married and then saying that you are going to legalize your marriage. so are you married or not?
applications under EU treaty rights take 6 months to process.
No, i dont require a Visa.

By legalize i mean to make valid our marriage in Ireland, because right now we could say that its just valid in my country and her country : )

ghostriderinthesky
Newly Registered

Post by ghostriderinthesky » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:04 am

any more advises? i know there is a lot of people that visits this forum that knows about this topic, i need all the info you can give me please. i tried asking in another forum but unfurtunately i just found xenophobic and dearly beloved comments.

i will be very thankful for all the help you can provide me since i am very worried about the problems i may encounter since i have read so much crap on the internet.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:14 am

OP it is either you are married to the EEA national or you are not. If you are not, you would have to provide evidence that you have lived together like husband and wife (de facto) relationship for the past 2 years.

Under EU law, your marriage can take place anywhere in the world, and member state are obliged to recognize it, as long as it is valid. You might only need to get your marriage certificate translated in English, or have an Apostille stamp, if your country of origin signed the Hague convention.

There is no requirement for you to legalize your marriage in Ireland.

Once you are in Ireland, and your partner is exercising treaty rights, you can apply for resident card using form EEA 1
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

ghostriderinthesky
Newly Registered

Post by ghostriderinthesky » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:24 am

Thanks a lot Obie, yes we have been married for about 4 months now, but we lived together before that for many months and our relation is about 2 years old. What can be seen as a proof i feel very curious about what can be a proof for them? pics? the times she came here or when i went to ireland to visit her last year?

Also i am afraid cuz i have read some cases of ppl who are not allowed to enter at the airport. so you think that i should do what the previous person said and just tell the truth that i am going there to reunificate with my wife and she wait for me at the airport with the papers? or should i just say that i am visiting the country.. maybe i am worrying too much but since i dont know how things really work there and sometines on the internet you find only the bad cases i dont know what to think. Thanks again to both of you : )

oh oh oh another question i have is how works the process of when i enter the country lets say the migration officer gives me a persmision for 2 months...but obviously i dont want to come back. . when i go to the garda office to give all the papers they will extend my permision to stay while they aprove our case. or definitely i have to go back home?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:32 am

I can advise you on the rules, and not what to tell an immigration officer. It will be unwise, reckless and dishonest of me to advise you to tell lies to them. I don't think it will make a blind bit of difference if the husband of an EEA nation tells the immigration officer he will be staying with his spouse, that is exercising treaty rights in Ireland. However, you can do whatever you feel comfortable with.

Like i said, your marriage will be recognised in Ireland, and if it is not one of convenience and your spouse is exercising treaty rights here, you will be able to obtain residency.

What country are you coming from? is it visa free or not?

All the best mate.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

ghostriderinthesky
Newly Registered

Post by ghostriderinthesky » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:39 am

yeah i think you are right probably i am just overreacting and definitely i dont want to tell lies but i just wanted to be sure that they will respect that she is exercisnig the treaty rights.

I am from Guatemala and its visa free.

saludos!

ghostriderinthesky
Newly Registered

Post by ghostriderinthesky » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:18 pm

Hi everyone, i am now in Ireland and i have my papers, now my question is what is the next step, i am a little bit confused about something i have read register with local garda (in my case i live in Bray ) and about filling the Form EU1 and taking it to the DOJ, what i have to do now that i am in the country...just take my papers with the EU1 form to the DOJ (13/14 burgh quay..) and they will start to process my petition and that will allow me inmediately to stay after the time(1 month) the migration officer allowed me on the airport?

my concern right now is about the extension of my stay here...and what to do next. right now lest just say i arrived from the airport.

thanks in advance