ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation: Good Character requirement- Employment?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

msb1805
Newly Registered

Naturalisation: Good Character requirement- Employment?

Post by msb1805 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:27 pm

Hi, I have been granted ILR since 2001 and finally getting round to applying for Naturalisation. I have passed the Life in UK Test in July this year and now getting prepared to fill the forms in. One section that I would like to get some advice on is the Good Chracter requirement...specfically the section regarding Employment/Business.

I am 19 years old- currently unemployed, although I am studying and have never claimed benefits.

I would like to know how this affects my application and how do I get my way round this in the form, do I leave this part blank as it does not have an option of stating yourself being unemployed or a student?

Anyone with experience of such a situation of being unemployed and applying for Naturalisation?

Your advice and views would be highly appreicated. Thanks.

msb1805
Newly Registered

Post by msb1805 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:31 am

anyone who can help me with this?

taliska

Post by taliska » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:53 pm

I think Generally letters from your school should be good stating what courses etc...

msb1805
Newly Registered

Post by msb1805 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:19 pm

so it would be completely fine to state myself as a Student in the employment section?

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:08 pm

msb1805 wrote:so it would be completely fine to state myself as a Student in the employment section?
Yes that should be fine. I dont think there is any need to provide any further documentation to show this