ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which is best city to live in?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Rex

Which is best city to live in?

Post by Rex » Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:30 pm

Me and my spouse are in IT field, we have a baby too.
Which city is best to live as per job conditions and baby sitting arrangements?

jjustyy
Ireland

Post by jjustyy » Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:17 pm

Hi Rex,

This is extremely open-ended as there are IT hotspots all round the major cities. Reading/Maidenhead in Berkshire (30 mins from London) would be a good option as you are a family.

But saying that Birmingham in the West Midlands has plenty of affordable places to live in the surrounding areas and IT jobs too.

I think everyone will have a different opinion on this :D

bugmaster

Post by bugmaster » Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:01 pm

yes agree, everyone will have different opinion.
I would say that Milton Keynes is a very nice place to live and at the same London Euston is just 40 min travel by train, birmingham 1 hr and all the smaller places around like northampton or luton are less than 1/2 hr by car.
To light a candle is to cast a shadow...

jjustyy
Ireland

Post by jjustyy » Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:37 pm

I'm from Northampton bugmaster and would also agree parts of this area are a good base for a family.

Ali_UK

Post by Ali_UK » Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:43 pm

Hi,

even though london is expense to live but most of IT jobs are in london(As far as I experienced it). I didnt visit any other city except Hitchin(I m living here.Cheap accommodation. It is close to london. 30 minutes on train) so I cant comment on it.

I am in IT field as well. I left london once because of job but i finally resigned and came back to london for work because of more money

It will be easy for you and your family to adjust in london area as it is multicultural city and you will find easy to get local food.

Good luck

Ali

mmhtn
Newly Registered

You're right

Post by mmhtn » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:01 pm

Hi,

You're right. I have moved to Kent. Its a very nice area and very beautiful and green. But I miss the food too much. :( . Any experiences of Edinburgh and Glasgow? with respect to career IT jobs (Java/J2EE), housing and of course food. :D .

Developer

Post by Developer » Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:05 pm

For IT, Banglore is also very good. :D :) :)