ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP visa extension - any consecutive 12 month period

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sastha
Newly Registered

HSMP visa extension - any consecutive 12 month period

Post by sastha » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:01 am

Hello everyone, I hold a HSMP visa issued in March 2008. I entered UK in April 2008 and got into a job in December 2008. My role was made redundant since June and i have been looking out for jobs. I can see myself being picked up soon in October 2009. The clarification i seek to make is that of HSMP extension.

my hsmp visa expires in March 2010. I understand that under the extension rules, one has to show any consecutive 12 month period. In that case , assuming i show from Feb 2008 to Jan 2010, my earning points do not make me eligible for the extension. The only way i see is to break my earning into 1. From Dec 08 to May 09 and Oct to Jan 2010.

The earning potential needs to be shown for any consecutive 12 months out of the 15months immediately prior to appyling for extension. As i mentioned earlier, i have to break up my earnings from Dec 2008 to May 2009 and Oct 2009 to Feb 2010 because i can claim points based on my earning potential only if i show it this way. I comprehend this period is within 15 months but not consequtive 12 months. Will this pose a problem or can i explain the situation in the cover letter while applying for extension as i was between jobs from June to Sep 2010?

Any assistance in this regard would be appreciated!

Thanks,

push
United Kingdom

Re: HSMP visa extension - any consecutive 12 month period

Post by push » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:05 am

sastha wrote:Hello everyone, I hold a HSMP visa issued in March 2008. I entered UK in April 2008 and got into a job in December 2008. My role was made redundant since June and i have been looking out for jobs. I can see myself being picked up soon in October 2009. The clarification i seek to make is that of HSMP extension.

my hsmp visa expires in March 2010. I understand that under the extension rules, one has to show any consecutive 12 month period. In that case , assuming i show from Feb 2008 to Jan 2010, my earning points do not make me eligible for the extension. The only way i see is to break my earning into 1. From Dec 08 to May 09 and Oct to Jan 2010.

The earning potential needs to be shown for any consecutive 12 months out of the 15months immediately prior to appyling for extension. As i mentioned earlier, i have to break up my earnings from Dec 2008 to May 2009 and Oct 2009 to Feb 2010 because i can claim points based on my earning potential only if i show it this way. I comprehend this period is within 15 months but not consequtive 12 months. Will this pose a problem or can i explain the situation in the cover letter while applying for extension as i was between jobs from June to Sep 2010?

Thanks,
You can claim for any 12 consecutive months within the past 15 month period from the date of application. Simplerule is - first pay slip date can not be separated by more than 12 months from the last pay slip date for your earning claims period. Any expectation of sign-on bonus? Do you have any other income source?

sastha
Newly Registered

Post by sastha » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:27 am

Hi,

There was no sign on bonus or increment that I can show. Does this mean the end of the road ???

Thanks,

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:34 am

What will be shortfall in eanings? Can you post details like points claimed (or likely to be claimed) on different parameters like age, education, UK experience etc?

alladin
United Kingdom

Post by alladin » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:54 am

push_hsmp wrote:
sastha wrote:Hello everyone, I hold a HSMP visa issued in March 2008. I entered UK in April 2008 and got into a job in December 2008. My role was made redundant since June and i have been looking out for jobs. I can see myself being picked up soon in October 2009. The clarification i seek to make is that of HSMP extension.

Thanks,
You can claim for any 12 consecutive months within the past 15 month period from the date of application. Simplerule is - first pay slip date can not be separated by more than 12 months from the last pay slip date for your earning claims period. Any expectation of sign-on bonus? Do you have any other income source?

Hi Push_HSMP and Sastha,

I am also in similar situation but not exactly the same., the dilemma I am facing is I have to apply early if I need to comply with the "12 consecutive month" period. My contract is coming to an end by sep, 2009 which started on June 2008. I have the sufficient points now and I may land up in a job by October, but there can be a break of 1 month in the earnings during this transition.

Just wanted to get your thoughts, if it is better to go for the extension now itself. Thing is my Visa is valid from Mar,2008 till Mar,2010. So I would be applying nearly 5 -6 months before the expiry.

Only thing I am concerned is from when the next visa will be valid.

Could you please share your thoughts on the same.

thanks,
arun

sastha
Newly Registered

Post by sastha » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:19 pm

Hello Push_HSMP,

Appreciate the response. I can claim 30 points for earnings, age :5 , education : 30 and previous experience in the UK :5.

I am running short by 5 points ...

Thanks,

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:44 pm

sastha wrote:Hello Push_HSMP,

Appreciate the response. I can claim 30 points for earnings, age :5 , education : 30 and previous experience in the UK :5.

I am running short by 5 points ...

Thanks,
I guess the only route for you is to work part time may be on week-ends /private tuitions/part time consulting assignments etc (pay tax; document receipts etc.) and increase your earnings.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:47 pm

alladin wrote:Hi Push_HSMP and Sastha,

I am also in similar situation but not exactly the same., the dilemma I am facing is I have to apply early if I need to comply with the "12 consecutive month" period. My contract is coming to an end by sep, 2009 which started on June 2008. I have the sufficient points now and I may land up in a job by October, but there can be a break of 1 month in the earnings during this transition.

Just wanted to get your thoughts, if it is better to go for the extension now itself. Thing is my Visa is valid from Mar,2008 till Mar,2010. So I would be applying nearly 5 -6 months before the expiry.

thanks,
arun
Applying earlier could be an easy solution.They have been granting extensions for 3 years from the expiry of the current VISA. But this is just a norm and not a rule. Wouldn't you get sufficient points from 11 month's pay?

alladin
United Kingdom

Post by alladin » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:05 pm

push_hsmp wrote:

thanks,
arun
Applying earlier could be an easy solution.They have been granting extensions for 3 years from the expiry of the current VISA. But this is just a norm and not a rule. Wouldn't you get sufficient points from 11 month's pay?
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I will get 75 points with 11 months and 80 points with 12 month salary as of now. I can show the 12 month salary from Sep,2008 to Sep, 2009. Technically I can wait for 3 more months after September before I apply (that is 12 months in the 15 month period), by Nov-Dec,2009. But if I apply by September or 3 months after that, I will be using the same time period from Sep, 2008 to Sep,2009 for claiming the points in the earnings category.
Thing is if I wait for more time, there could be strain on my resources, expenses on finding new job etc.
This is not a life or death situation, but just deciding when to go for it.

Thanks for your time,

kind regards,
arun

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:10 pm

Take your call. You seem to have sufficient points whether you apply now or later.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Post by crowbar6 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:19 pm

alladin wrote:
push_hsmp wrote:

thanks,
arun
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I will get 75 points with 11 months and 80 points with 12 month salary as of now. I can show the 12 month salary from Sep,2008 to Sep, 2009. Technically I can wait for 3 more months after September before I apply (that is 12 months in the 15 month period), by Nov-Dec,2009. But if I apply by September or 3 months after that, I will be using the same time period from Sep, 2008 to Sep,2009 for claiming the points in the earnings category.
Thing is if I wait for more time, there could be strain on my resources, expenses on finding new job etc.
This is not a life or death situation, but just deciding when to go for it.

Thanks for your time,

kind regards,
arun
Suggest you go for an early extension just to be safe mentally & financially as per your above post. You only stand to lose on LTR for 4-5 months if the date of expiry is 3 years from date of stamping and not from date of expiry of current visa.
Regards,
crowbar6

alladin
United Kingdom

Post by alladin » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:18 pm

crowbar6 wrote:
Suggest you go for an early extension just to be safe mentally & financially as per your above post. You only stand to lose on LTR for 4-5 months if the date of expiry is 3 years from date of stamping and not from date of expiry of current visa.
Many Thanks Push_Hsmp and Crowbar, I will be going for it soon., will wait and see waht happens.

Thanks,
arun

sastha
Newly Registered

Post by sastha » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:25 am

Hello Push_hsmp,

Can earnings through private tutoring be shown as income proof? Under the premises that I do land up taking private classes , any idea as to how I can present that source as an income proof. where would I need to pay tax, get receipts ,etc?

Would I need to show the source of the money as well?

Thanks,