ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

after psw appeal full time work?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

krisha
Newly Registered

after psw appeal full time work?

Post by krisha » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:36 pm

Hi all,
i have applied psw visa on 8th of may and it visa was rejected due to maintenance problem.but i have appealed and my appeal was allowed. i found out that it will take another two or three months to stamp the visa .can we work fulltime before the visa stamped? can we show the determination letter for the new employers for full time work? is it sufficient. can anybody give any suggestions

jagdish_10
Newly Registered

yes

Post by jagdish_10 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:32 pm

yes you are allowed to work full time till you get ur appeal results

vinata

Post by vinata » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:41 pm

My solicitor told me that although it is not written anywhere, you can only work full-time if it is a temporary cover for someone. But you are not allowed to apply or undertake a permanent full-time position until after you get your visa endorsed. This is because your current say is treated as student, but when you get your visa, it would be valid for 2 years from the date of issue, therefore, you won't be disadvanged in any way.

So, my understanding is that if you work in a shop, you can ask for more hours to cover someone, but you cannot intentionally apply for a full-time position in accountancy firm, for example.

Hope this helps.

krisha
Newly Registered

Post by krisha » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:09 pm

thank you for ur reply vinata.it is very useful

ash786
BANNED

Re: after psw appeal full time work?

Post by ash786 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:19 pm

krisha wrote:Hi all,
i have applied psw visa on 8th of may and it visa was rejected due to maintenance problem.but i have appealed and my appeal was allowed. i found out that it will take another two or three months to stamp the visa .can we work fulltime before the visa stamped? can we show the determination letter for the new employers for full time work? is it sufficient. can anybody give any suggestions
1. Untill u visa is decided u student conditions are still valid.
2. However, you are allowed to work full time for the 4 months given in u student visa and then aply for another category which u have done.

jagdish_10
Newly Registered

look through the document

Post by jagdish_10 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:06 pm

i hope this document which is available on the UK border agency website might help u

"IMMIGRATION DIRECTORATES' INSTRUCTIONS
CHAPTER 1 SECTION 5
SECTIONS 3C AND 3D OF THE IMMIGRATION ACT 1971 (AS AMENDED)"