ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Posting two diff resumes to the same Consultant

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ksankar1982
Newly Registered

Posting two diff resumes to the same Consultant

Post by ksankar1982 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:52 pm

Hi,

I need a clarification. Does sending two diff resumes for two different job openings posted by same consulting company, but by a different consultant there, will affect the candidate's prospectus ??

I know for sure, sending two diff resumes for the same consultant defenitely deteriorates.. but what in the case of above. Please let us know some one who is aware of the process

ksankar1982
Newly Registered

Post by ksankar1982 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:08 am

Hi,

I need a clarification. Does sending two diff resumes for two different job openings posted by same consulting company, but by a different consultant there, will affect the candidate's prospectus ??

I know for sure, sending two diff resumes for the same consultant defenitely deteriorates.. but what in the case of above. Please let us know some one who is aware of the process
When i mean a different resume, I meant onlt small changes in the skillset. For example we might have worked with Oracle, db2. But the job requirement might have asked for MSSQL, in that case i dont want to miss an opportunity jus because of that, so I wud change the resume to say MSSQL, Oracle. Coz we people know theres not much of diff between Oracle and MSSQL and we can easily cope up. But these consultants wont be knowing that. Please share ur thoughts

ramesh1

same situation

Post by ramesh1 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:38 pm

it is same here as if i have exp in mainframe with db2 and have even worked in SQL server so oracle or sql server developer jobs will not make much diff if we have worked in any one of the RDBMS. Pls advise.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: same situation

Post by Wanderer » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:56 pm

ramesh1 wrote:it is same here as if i have exp in mainframe with db2 and have even worked in SQL server so oracle or sql server developer jobs will not make much diff if we have worked in any one of the RDBMS. Pls advise.
I'm not and Oracle guru by any means but isn't Oracle more than just an RMDBS now with all the procedures and PL/SQL stuff cobbled on? Materialised views - WTF are they then?!!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

ksankar1982
Newly Registered

Post by ksankar1982 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:09 pm

Wanderer wrote:
ramesh1 wrote:it is same here as if i have exp in mainframe with db2 and have even worked in SQL server so oracle or sql server developer jobs will not make much diff if we have worked in any one of the RDBMS. Pls advise.
I'm not and Oracle guru by any means but isn't Oracle more than just an RMDBS now with all the procedures and PL/SQL stuff cobbled on? Materialised views - WTF are they then?!!
As is the case with other RDBMS too. On the whole there is not much difference between any of the RDBMS from a dev perspective. It might be different when u take the role of a DBA. its a diff story altogather. But from a dev point of view, it doesnt matter whether its Oracle or MSSQL or MySQL. Only the syntax differs and that too very rarely. Also the way we introduce indexes and things differs a bit, but that doesnt matter. we can learn those very easily. These things wont be undersatndable by a consultant. Only a techie interviewer can understand that really.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:12 pm

ksankar1982 wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
As is the case with other RDBMS too. On the whole there is not much difference between any of the RDBMS from a dev perspective. It might be different when u take the role of a DBA. its a diff story altogather. But from a dev point of view, it doesnt matter whether its Oracle or MSSQL or MySQL. Only the syntax differs and that too very rarely. Also the way we introduce indexes and things differs a bit, but that doesnt matter. we can learn those very easily. These things wont be undersatndable by a consultant. Only a techie interviewer can understand that really.
My apologies - I thought we were talking about DBA type roles!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

ksankar1982
Newly Registered

Post by ksankar1982 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:19 pm

ksankar1982 wrote:
Hi,

When i mean a different resume, I meant onlt small changes in the skillset. For example we might have worked with Oracle, db2. But the job requirement might have asked for MSSQL, in that case i dont want to miss an opportunity jus because of that, so I wud change the resume to say MSSQL, Oracle. Coz we people know theres not much of diff between Oracle and MSSQL and we can easily cope up. But these consultants wont be knowing that. Please share ur thoughts
Common Guys pls respond.. I know there are lots of experienced guys around there.... this would be really a help ful one..

bruceb
United Kingdom

Post by bruceb » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:30 pm

I dont seem to understand the strategy of your job search, are you in touch with consultants? have they understood your key skills? as long as they know what you are capable of it should be fine.
Many people do it, I did it too, but make sure that the two resumes dont reach the same company. :P
Also generally RDBMS concepts are still the same, anyone from a company interviewing would know it. But the consultants wouldn't, they try to keep up with the technology but they can't in my opinion.
So be careful about no of resumes sent, try to keep a log of everything. I bet you can put a database table for this task! :lol: cheers!