ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign national mother of child who is British citizen

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

olympian
Newly Registered

Foreign national mother of child who is British citizen

Post by olympian » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:13 pm

I am a foreign (non-EU) national in the UK on a tourist visa. I have a son (2 yrs. old) who has a British passport (his father is British and his name is on the birth certificate). The father supports us financially but not through the CSA or anything formal. I have just been moved from social services (housing benefit, income support) to the UK Border Agency, while they assess my application.
What are my options for getting residence in the UK? My sons father has married, so he is not able to sponsor me. I have been in the UK for 6 years, and have only been under social services since becoming pregnant.

shazan
Newly Registered

Re: Foreign national mother of child who is British citizen

Post by shazan » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:47 am

you have a legal right to settle and reside in the united kingdom with your british child. If you are not given this right it would be in breach of article 8 of the european convention of human rights. If the ukba decide to issue removal notice you must outline your contention which is ' your removal would constitue disproportionate interference in your respect of family and private life as guaranteed by article 8 echr. Your childs intrest must be the primary consideration.