ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying Tier 1 tomorrow - Few Imp questions

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Noor
Newly Registered

Applying Tier 1 tomorrow - Few Imp questions

Post by Noor » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:48 pm

Hi Experts,

I have received NARIC letter after 35 days, which delayed my application by 12-15 days. I received NARIC letter today, I am planning to apply Tier 1 tomorrow. I have few questions

1. I am claiming points for Earnings from 01-Aug-2008 till 31-Jul-2009. I have bank statements till 12th of August 2009, so do I need to get latest bank statement or would that suffice.
I’m afraid because, if I apply tomorrow, it would be seen by the BA on 7th or 8th. I have used the money from this account after the bank statements, but I have more than enough amount to satisfy the maintenance criteria.

2. I have taken my photographs on 1st of August, as application date was delayed due to NARIC, I am applying tomorrow, so the photograph is more than 1 month old, do I need to take another photograph.

3. Regarding English Language: (I have created one thread long back, back I’m not getting update answers so including here... http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 614#287614 apologies for that)

I have a Letter from the university, which according to you guys is not required. Apart from that, I have Certificate of Comparability from NARIC for my Master’s Degree, stating that my Master’s degree is equivalent to the Master’s Degree in UK. And I have selected this Master’s degree for claiming points for English language, and as I got the letter from NARIC, would it suffice along with the English language certificate from the university for claiming points for English language.

Please respond, as I am applying for Tier 1 tomorrow morning

Also, I’m planning to go to India on 3rd week of October, so hoping my visa will be approved by then, as I will be sending application tomorrow morning.

Thanks a lot guys

bilqees
Newly Registered

Post by bilqees » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:34 pm

Hi Noor,

I have recently got my Tier1 extension visa so I will try to help you based on my experience.

Q1: The Tier1 Guigance says that the bank statements should not be more than a month old. If you post your application tommorow, there should be no problem.

Q2: As per the photo guidance it must resemble your current appearance and I dont think a month old photo could create any problem.

Q3: Since you have got a Certificate of Compatibility from NARIC for your masters degree, you do not need any other proof apart from your Original Degree for claiming English Language points.

All the best for your application.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:28 pm

bilqees wrote:Q3: Since you have got a Certificate of Compatibility from NARIC for your masters degree, you do not need any other proof apart from your Original Degree for claiming English Language points.

That's not correct.

If your master's degree is not listed in the PBS list, I would advice to claim English points using your Bachelor's Degree and NOT masters degree.Degree recognised by NARIC is only an UK equivalance of your Degree. I am sure your NARIC letter of "comparability" doesn't says anything about English.

In my opinion use your Bachlor's degree,which I believe is listed in PBS, to claim points for English language.

I think the same was advised to you in other thread too.
Last edited by ChetanOjha on Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:50 pm

The guidance does not say this for "Previous earnings" section (which states: The applicant can claim points for previous earnings in any single, consecutive 12-month period during the 15 months immediately before the date of applying).

One month old bank statment/bank letter is the criteria only for maintenace funds.

I think it is fine if you could submit application before 11 September (9/11, dangerous date though :wink: ). But if you think there are any chances of delay it would be better to get a fresh one.
bilqees wrote:Hi Noor,

I have recently got my Tier1 extension visa so I will try to help you based on my experience.

Q1: The Tier1 Guigance says that the bank statements should not be more than a month old. If you post your application tommorow, there should be no problem.

Q2: As per the photo guidance it must resemble your current appearance and I dont think a month old photo could create any problem.

Q3: Since you have got a Certificate of Compatibility from NARIC for your masters degree, you do not need any other proof apart from your Original Degree for claiming English Language points.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:45 pm

Hi Chetanojha, does his Bachelor's degree appear in PBS calculator? I think he did not mention anything about it. If it appears in PBS, only then he could claim for that. Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks.
chetanojha wrote:
bilqees wrote:Q3: Since you have got a Certificate of Compatibility from NARIC for your masters degree, you do not need any other proof apart from your Original Degree for claiming English Language points.

That's not correct.

If your master's degree is not listed in the PBS list, I would advice to claim English points using your Bachelor's Degree and NOT masters degree.Degree recognised by NARIC is only an UK equivalance of your Degree. I am sure your NARIC letter of "comparability" doesn't says anything about English.

In my opinion use your Bachlor's degree,which I believe is listed in PBS, to claim points for English language.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:25 am

mvent00 wrote:Hi Chetanojha, does his Bachelor's degree appear in PBS calculator? I think he did not mention anything about it. If it appears in PBS, only then he could claim for that. Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks.
chetanojha wrote:

That's not correct.

Yes. He didn't mentioned it in this thread. He has raised another question in another thread which was replied. If you follow the link given by noor above you can see replies of other people too.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:28 am

Thanks
chetanojha wrote:
mvent00 wrote:Hi Chetanojha, does his Bachelor's degree appear in PBS calculator? I think he did not mention anything about it. If it appears in PBS, only then he could claim for that. Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks.
chetanojha wrote:

That's not correct.

Yes. He didn't mentioned it in this thread. He has raised another question in another thread which was replied. If you follow the link given by noor above you can see replies of other people too.

Noor
Newly Registered

Post by Noor » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:26 pm

Hi Guyz,

For both my Master's Degree and Bachelors degree, here is the stauts from PBS

1. My University is available in PBS (Andhra University, Visakhapatnam)
2. I dont have exact degree (MCA or BSc Computer Science) name in PBS

In the sence I have done MCA, so it says only Master's degree and not MCA.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:17 pm

Noor wrote:Hi Guyz,

For both my Master's Degree and Bachelors degree, here is the stauts from PBS

1. My University is available in PBS (Andhra University, Visakhapatnam)
2. I dont have exact degree (MCA or BSc Computer Science) name in PBS

In the sence I have done MCA, so it says only Master's degree and not MCA.
Masters is fine. You should claim for Master's. PBS may not say MCA in particular.