ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit Visa from Islamabad

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Rain

Visit Visa from Islamabad

Post by Rain » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:18 am

Hello All
I want to sponser my mother to visit me in UK.My circumstances are (Pak. National + ILR holder in UK + £30k pay + own my house + never used public funds). Anyone who has sponsored a parent for a UK visit , Can you please help me with these questions.

1) How much funds will I need to show in my current account ?

2) Can Credit card statement with enough available credit be used as a proof of available funds ?(less than 5% of credit used so far )

3) In application form, where it says how much money is available , what is minimum acceptable amont ( will £2000 be enough for a 3 month visit ) ?

4)If visit starts in feb-2010, what is the latest they can apply ?If they apply in November 2009 is that good ?

5)Is council Tax bill proof of ownwership of property ?

Any answers are highly appreciated .
Thanks in advance

skiesowner

Post by skiesowner » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:58 am

hiya, can you tell me please where did you get the form you mentioned in your post as I am planning to invite my mother too.Thx

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:49 pm

Hello All
I want to sponser my mother to visit me in UK.My circumstances are (Pak. National + ILR holder in UK + £30k pay + own my house + never used public funds). Anyone who has sponsored a parent for a UK visit , Can you please help me with these questions.
1) How much funds will I need to show in my current account ?
There is no requirement to have a minimum amount in your bank.What the ECO will be looking for is a steady income and enough saving to cover the cost of your mums stay, so if you have some thing like £2000 that should be enough to cover the cost of her stay

2) Can Credit card statement with enough available credit be used as a proof of available funds ?(less than 5% of credit used so far
Yes,but not ideal, your own savings will be much better
3) In application form, where it says how much money is available , what is minimum acceptable amont ( will £2000 be enough for a 3 month visit ) ?
Yes it should be enough in my opinion
4)If visit starts in feb-2010, what is the latest they can apply ?If they apply in November 2009 is that good ?

Yes, she can post date the visa for 3 months[/b]
5)Is council Tax bill proof of ownwership of property ?
No.You need proof that you own the house ( copy of title deed) and you will need a report on your property to say that there is enough accomadadtion for you, your family and your mum in the house.

Furthermore you will need 6 months bank statement, 3 months wage slips,letter of employment as well.

The formyou will need is located here:
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... 3073/VAF1B

Any answers are highly appreciated .
Thanks in advance

Rain

Post by Rain » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:14 pm

Thanx a lot batleykhan ! Can you please also tell

Where do i get the report you mentioned for enough room in the house?
No.You need proof that you own the house ( copy of title deed) and you will need a report on your property to say that there is enough accomadadtion for you, your family and your mum in the house.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:49 pm

Your local Council will do it. If not some estate agent will do it