ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question regarding C.O.A

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mallak
Newly Registered

Question regarding C.O.A

Post by mallak » Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:26 pm

Hey

Immigration history is complicated and passport has been at HO since 04.

I applied for for a coa in june.

Recieved the acknowledgment letter on 22nd of june.

Recieved affadavit request and sent within time on 18th of july.

Havent heard anything since that.

I just wanted to ask if there is anything i can do to find out more or recieve it quickly.

Also I know there is a 14 weeks waiting period, but will I recieve it definitely in that time frame or there is a possibility of it going beyond that.

Cheers.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Re: Question regarding C.O.A

Post by Rozen » Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:37 pm

mallak wrote: Also I know there is a 14 weeks waiting period, but will I recieve it definitely in that time frame or there is a possibility of it going beyond that.

Cheers.
There is a possibility of going beyond that time frame! Probably because of your 'complicated' immigration history. So you just have to be patient, and hope for the best.

mallak
Newly Registered

Post by mallak » Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm

ah ok.

sadness.

cant really do much but be patient, but i was just wondering how long it could possible take since its only coa.

cheers for ur reply.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:05 pm

mallak wrote:ah ok.

sadness.

cant really do much but be patient, but i was just wondering how long it could possible take since its only coa.

cheers for ur reply.
It is only a COA, and most 'straightfoward' ones are usually dealt with well before the 14 weeks are up! But yours will probably undergo a stricter scrutiny because of your immigration history. But that's not to say it will be refused. It will probably just take a little bit longer than most. Good Luck! :)

mallak
Newly Registered

Post by mallak » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:31 pm

ahhhhh yes i thought so too.

lucky me ..

:D

thanks

mallak
Newly Registered

Post by mallak » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:57 pm

Hey
The 70 working days are up now.
I called them and they said its under further consideration.

Has anyone got any idea how much longer this might take?

Or does anyone know of any similiar situation where its gone beyond the normal processing time?

Freaking out a little now.

Cheers.

alinna

Post by alinna » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:28 pm

mallak wrote:Hey
Freaking out a little now.
I know the feeling.. Try to think positive, it will come after all.

My fiance also applied for one on July 22nd, received letter after one week, then on Aug 28th received request for affidavits, sent it on September 8th and today we received the COA.

His case was also a bit complicated so this might give you hope. His passport was with HO for his extension of student visa since May. We applied for the COA without it. Then a while back his passport came with his visa extension rejected and we still got the COA.

If you sent enough proof of your relationship and documents required to support your application then you shouldnt worry.
A bit of advice.. call them. We did and only after 8 weeks! There is a number on the letter you received from them. If the 14 weeks have passed then they should give you a proper update.

Best of luck.
Ally