ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TWES to dependant Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

iamamonkey
Newly Registered

TWES to dependant Visa

Post by iamamonkey » Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:45 pm

Dear Sirs,

Perhaps you can help.

I am on the TWES (expires May 2006) and my fiance and I are getting married at the end of this year. We are getting married at our home country and my understanding is that I would have to make an application to switch my visa status from a TWES holder to a dependant and this can be done at the British HICOM at my home country.

I was wondering whether it is possible to apply as a dependant of her (she is a doctor holding a permit free visa) and to continue to work at my current job, after my TWES has expired. (i.e. continue to work here based on the fact that I am classified as a dependant)

Furthermore I have been offered a permenant possition work.

What is the best course of action that me or my company can take? Would a TWES to full work permit switch be possible considering that I have not completed the 2 years of my TWES? What kind of documentation would be needed to be submitted by my HR department to show this?

A quick response would be much appreciated and I have to let my HR know my visa status before the job can be officially offered to me.

I have phoned up workpermit.com and spoke to someone who said that it shouldn't be a problem for a TWES holder to switch visa status to a dependant.

I have also phoned up the IND and they said to fill in the form FLR(O).

My employers would need some sort of confidence that this is definately possible before they are in the possition to offer me the job.

Please advise me as soon as possible as I deperately need this to be sorted out ASAP before the job is offered to me.

Many thanks in advance.
Dan