ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Benfits after ILR

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Bilu
Newly Registered

Benfits after ILR

Post by Bilu » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:48 pm

Hello, my aunt has got an ILR (settlement visa) based on dependent parent of her son who is a British citizen. Her ILR does not say "no recourse on public fund". She is 67 years old, a widow with permanent disability.

(1) Is she eligible to apply for "Attandence Allowance" and "Pension Credit"? Pension and Works depratment staff thinks that she is eligible but need NI number for claiming her benefits.

(2) Can she apply for National Insurance number?

(3) Is it true that after having ILR, she is eligable for some benefits?

Many thanks for your advice.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:46 am

Is she subject to a MAA Maintenance undertakings?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Bilu
Newly Registered

Post by Bilu » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:01 pm

Yes, she is subject to MAA undertaking.

I have previously read the two documents that you have refered and at least Section 7 (3.4.4. Given leave subject to a maintenance undertaking) suggests that she can be eligible for Attendance Allowance. This is why I thought I should ask you a question as immigration expert?

If for argument sake she is eligible for some benefits (i.e. attandance allowance) then does that mean that she should be able to get the NINO as well without much of a hassle?

Kind regards

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:53 am

Bilu wrote:If for argument sake she is eligible for some benefits (i.e. attandance allowance) then does that mean that she should be able to get the NINO as well without much of a hassle?
Yes.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Bilu
Newly Registered

Post by Bilu » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:06 pm

Is she eligible for pension credit do you think? if she is subject to MAA. I cant find any reference to this in the refreerd docuemnts.

Regards
Last edited by Bilu on Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bilu
Newly Registered

Post by Bilu » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:30 pm

Any advice?

priyadarshishah
Newly Registered

Post by priyadarshishah » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:56 pm

I am in the UK since five years on work permit and i just got ILR. i want to know that should i apply for benifts without affecting my citizenship process. And also Am i eligible for all type of benifits or not.

Please reply me as soon as possible.

Pisces

Post by Pisces » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:20 pm

priyadarshishah wrote:I am in the UK since five years on work permit and i just got ILR. i want to know that should i apply for benifts without affecting my citizenship process. And also Am i eligible for all type of benifits or not.

Please reply me as soon as possible.
After getting ILR you are entitled to claim any benefits, and this would not affect your citizenship process.