ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Doubt about PSW

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

varun.kadle
Newly Registered

Doubt about PSW

Post by varun.kadle » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:06 am

Hey guys,

Have a small doubt regarding the PSW visa. Is it possible for me to do a studentship under this visa? i.e ill be paid to do this for 1 year but be enrolled as a student.

chinmayraut
Newly Registered

Post by chinmayraut » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:57 pm

no you cant ..it is like if you are having PSW visa you need to cancel that take a student visa and then do the study.

nemath0419
Newly Registered

Post by nemath0419 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:33 pm

I disagree with this. I am think that you can study or do what ever you want in your psw visa. You dont have to take a student visa to study. As psw allows to do full time work you can take a studentship without any probelm.It doesnt say anywhere that you are not allowed to study on your psw visa. But this is my understanding and im not quite sure.

Jack_Hammer
BANNED

Post by Jack_Hammer » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:00 pm

PSW visa is work visa, which means it is more suitable for people whose their priority is work not study, on the other hand student visa is better for people who want to study and work is not a concern (you can work part-time anyway). However, you can always work full time with PSW and study part time and that is legal I suppose. Before switching to student visa, please make sure this is what you want and ensure that you get the scholarship, as I believe it is not possible to get back PSW or even apply for it ever again.
________
MERCEDES-BENZ W128 SPECIFICATIONS
Last edited by Jack_Hammer on Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ash786
BANNED

Re: Doubt about PSW

Post by ash786 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:26 pm

varun.kadle wrote:Hey guys,

Have a small doubt regarding the PSW visa. Is it possible for me to do a studentship under this visa? i.e ill be paid to do this for 1 year but be enrolled as a student.
1. If u hav a PSW then u can do watever u want.
2. Study full time and work part time or the other way around
3. Its not illegal as its u choice and u do not need to inform HO or chnage visa but u shud clearly mention that in u form that u r not a student but a PSW so it does not confuse the institution.