ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

US or UK?

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kk_kolli
Newly Registered

US or UK?

Post by kk_kolli » Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:30 am

Hi All,

I hope someone can help me out in overcoming this situation. Pls. excuse me if this is not the right place for this query.

I am into SQL DBA with 4yrs of IT exp and working in a reputed software company. Right now, I have two different choices, either to go to US on work permit or UK on HSMP. I am finding it difficult to understand what is the right option. :(

Can someone help me out to make the right choice? As to what to better in getting employed and good in long-term..

Cheers,
KK

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:20 pm

What type of visa is your US employment authorization - L1A, H1 etc?

kk_kolli
Newly Registered

US or UK?

Post by kk_kolli » Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:57 am

Thanks for ur response Kayalami.
It's gonna be H1 visa to US

Cheers,
KK

ashok71
Newly Registered

Post by ashok71 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:28 pm

kk_Kolli,

I would think this is more of a personal crisis that you need to sit down and resolve for yourself. Each individual's view would be based on what he/she thinks is best for him/her.

I think if you want to decide on UK or US, you should first analyse your short and long term plans. If you are looking for a short stint to make some money and get back to your home country, then US may be a good choice. If you are looking at a long term prospects of settling in UK, then you might consider UK.

I'm also in a similar situation as yours. We can talk in more details offline. I have sent you a pm, please respond and we can take it further.

kk_kolli
Newly Registered

hi

Post by kk_kolli » Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:55 am

I really appreciate your response.

Unfortunately, I missed your PM. Please let me know your email address.
Here is my email id: kk_kolli@rediffmail.com

Regards,
KK

rogerroger
Member of Standing

Post by rogerroger » Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:28 pm

what is the long term benefit of living in the UK?

legal
Newly Registered

Post by legal » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:02 pm

What is HTTP proxy server?
HTTP proxy server is a proxy allowing to work on the Internet with HTTP and (not always) FTP protocols. It can carry out caching of information downloaded from the Internet.Now HTTP proxy servers are the most widespread. Their support (ability to use them) is included into many programs: browsers, download managers etc. However, their support is not realized at a level of an operating system ? in order to use them, you should configure all programs, which should use proxies, in an appropriate way. HTTP proxy servers have several anonymity levels.

http://www.checkproxy.net