ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW application and overstaying. Please help!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

missbee
Newly Registered

PSW application and overstaying. Please help!!!

Post by missbee » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:59 pm

hi everyone,

I have a query regarding overstaying. Let me explain; I applied for PSW before my student visa expired on the 31st of Jan. My application was refused based on the maintenance funds and I received documents and my passport on the 2nd of March. I decided not to appeal as any evidence would have been fresh evidence.
I left the UK on the 27th of March. I am now considering re-applying from my home country while still within the one yr period of the award of my degree. My concern at the moment is whether overstaying can be used against me in a new application:(.

Also I am afraid the letter from the university may not get to me on time, does this letter also have to be issued within a month of application or can I re-use the one I sent with the first application?

Please help!!!
Last edited by missbee on Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ash786
BANNED

Re: PSW application and overstaying. Please help!!!

Post by ash786 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:31 pm

missbee wrote:hi everyone,

I have a query regarding overstaying. Let me explain; I applied for PSW before my student visa expired on the 31st of Jan. My application was refused based on the maintenance funds and I received documents and my passport on the 2nd of March. I decided not to apply as any evidence would have been fresh evidence.
I left the UK on the 27th of March. I am now considering re-applying from my home country while still within the one yr period of the award of my degree. My concern at the moment is whether overstaying can be used against me in a new application:(.

Also I am afraid the letter from the university may not get to me on time, does this letter also have to be issued within a month of application or can I re-use the one I sent with the first application?

Please help!!!
1. If u did appeal the decision then u visa conditions are extended under section 3C so u were not an overstayer.
2. U wud be classified as an overstayer if u did not leave the UK within 28 days after the appeal date or the date u withdraw the appeal.
3. Only the bank statements needs to be within one month old and the same letter wud be fine as per PSW guidence.

missbee
Newly Registered

Post by missbee » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:53 pm

ash786 wrote:
1. If u did appeal the decision then u visa conditions are extended under section 3C so u were not an overstayer.
2. U wud be classified as an overstayer if u did not leave the UK within 28 days after the appeal date or the date u withdraw the appeal.
3. Only the bank statements needs to be within one month old and the same letter wud be fine as per PSW guidence.
thanks for ur reply.I didn't appeal (noticed the typo in my post :) ) I was given up till the 17th of March to appeal and I left on the 27th, which means I shld be covered under the 28days rule yea?

cheers

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:24 pm

missbee wrote:
ash786 wrote:
thanks for ur reply.I didn't appeal (noticed the typo in my post :) ) I was given up till the 17th of March to appeal and I left on the 27th, which means I shld be covered under the 28days rule yea?

cheers
1. In that case u wud be fine as u left the UK from the date of the refusal letter dated 2nd March and leaving that 27th March.