ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settling in Canada

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Newly Registered

Settling in Canada

Post by 51747 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:07 am

Can anyone tell me how long it takes to get a permanent resident card after entering Canada? I was thinking of visiting for a few weeks, getting my card and then returning home. Since the card is valid for 3 years, I can easily look for a job during that time without leaving my current one in my home country. Does that seem like a good idea? Just a few questions:

1. How long does it take to obtain a Permanent Resident Card? I read somewhere that it can take as long as 3 months to obtain it. Is that true?
2. Can I leave Canada and go to the US while my Permanent Resident Card application is being processed?
3. Can I leave Canada and return to my home country while my application is being processed and my relatives in Canada can mail me the card once they receive it at their address?
4. How long can I stay in my home country after obtaining my Permanent Resident Card? To the best of my knowledge, I have to be in Canada for 2 years out of a 5-year period. So basically I have 3 years to be able to find a job and return to Canada?

I'd really appreciate input from anyone who can help me on this. Thanks!
Last edited by 51747 on Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nasirpk

Post by nasirpk » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:38 pm

That really is a good idea. Most people do the same , u can get ur PR card in couple of weeks . Once u've got ur PR card u can return back and u can stay out of canada for 3 years .... but keep in mind that u can't enter canada without PR card. So, go there apply for PR card, leave canada only when u've received ur card.

rmMN
Newly Registered

Post by rmMN » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:20 pm

can you advise me how you put in your application. as ERP HR Information Systems Manager can I apply under NOC 0213?

I am thinking of submitting my application and will realy appreciate any assistance.

Thank you

raymasa2
Member of Standing

Post by raymasa2 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:30 am

rmMN wrote:can you advise me how you put in your application. as ERP HR Information Systems Manager can I apply under NOC 0213?

I am thinking of submitting my application and will realy appreciate any assistance.

Thank you
You have already asked this question in another post. Please dont post same questions multiple times. Also, please dont post questions on posts from months ago.

Ray