ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

90 day absent rule - can I do 2x 90 with a short return?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aussielaowai
Newly Registered

90 day absent rule - can I do 2x 90 with a short return?

Post by aussielaowai » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:07 pm

Hi guys

I just wanted your opinion on this. I really want to be out of uk for 1 semester to complete a course but need 15 weeks. If I was away 90 days then returned for say a week or so then away for another 4 weeks would it be ok, provided I stayed within the total of 225 (45 per year on average) over 5 years? Just wondering if such a plan would make my calculator for ilr reset and need to start the 5 yr countdown again?

Thanks and best wishes
Alw

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:45 am

Though the total days out of Uk in 5years rule is 225days.. but still there is some discussions that in a year u shd not be out more than 90days (unless if there are some days in this which are business related trip) so u need to look into that aswell when u plan ur break time within the 15weeks course time..

nksg

Re: 90 day absent rule - can I do 2x 90 with a short return?

Post by nksg » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:40 pm

Guys,

Apologies for my ignorance but i was under the impression that for ILR you are allowed out of country 90 days in a stretch and 180 days in total 5 years??

can you please post the link where it says 225 days out of country in 5 years??
aussielaowai wrote:Hi guys

I just wanted your opinion on this. I really want to be out of uk for 1 semester to complete a course but need 15 weeks. If I was away 90 days then returned for say a week or so then away for another 4 weeks would it be ok, provided I stayed within the total of 225 (45 per year on average) over 5 years? Just wondering if such a plan would make my calculator for ilr reset and need to start the 5 yr countdown again?

Thanks and best wishes
Alw

aussielaowai
Newly Registered

Post by aussielaowai » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:31 pm

Yes I see, but I am wondering if it is 90 days in calendar year, or from start of visa or is it in any 12 month period?

Just hoping someone might have had this experien e before?

Thanks
Alw

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:18 am

tvn_ramesh wrote:Though the total days out of Uk in 5years rule is 225days.. but still there is some discussions that in a year u shd not be out more than 90days (unless if there are some days in this which are business related trip) so u need to look into that aswell when u plan ur break time within the 15weeks course time..

what will happen if a person is out of UK for more than 90 days in one go. cause i am planning for 4 months for study purposes !!
what docs i need to prove that it was business trip etc...

nksg

Post by nksg » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:24 am

your ILR counter will reset and will start from the day you land back in UK.
fahadz1 wrote:
tvn_ramesh wrote:Though the total days out of Uk in 5years rule is 225days.. but still there is some discussions that in a year u shd not be out more than 90days (unless if there are some days in this which are business related trip) so u need to look into that aswell when u plan ur break time within the 15weeks course time..

what will happen if a person is out of UK for more than 90 days in one go. cause i am planning for 4 months for study purposes !!

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:57 am

fahadz1 wrote:

I donno how u will be able to prove it as business trip when u are going for study purpose..

i think flight tickets along with letter from the company stating that you are on business trip with the related business schedules/trip details should do...

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:46 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:
fahadz1 wrote:

I donno how u will be able to prove it as business trip when u are going for study purpose..

i think flight tickets along with letter from the company stating that you are on business trip with the related business schedules/trip details should do...
well i have my own company will it helps ???

mah

Post by mah » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:41 am

nksg wrote:your ILR counter will reset and will start from the day you land back in UK.
fahadz1 wrote:

Dear nksg,

Can you please let me know where you have seen this that we can not be away more than 90 days? Any reference from the UKBA?

Regards,
Mah

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:00 pm

fahadz1 wrote:
tvn_ramesh wrote:

well i have my own company will it helps ???
Sorry Fahadz1.. i will not be able to further comment on this.. goodluck..