ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Evidence of Maintenance Funds

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mvent00
Diamond Member

Evidence of Maintenance Funds

Post by mvent00 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:43 pm

Hello,
I got two evidences for maintenace funds, which are given below.

1 - Letter from bank (text is as follows)

Financial Statement

This is to certify that Mr. XXXXXXXXXXXXXX is maintaining a (name of bank) Savings Account with us bearing Account no. 11111111111 since April 2000.

The balance of funds held in this account as on 08/09/2009 is XXXX.20 Euros (in text: XXXX Euros and twenty cents)

The average balance held in this account for the period between 08/06/2009 to 07/09/2009 is XXXX Euros (in text).

The minimum balance maintained in this account for the period between 08/06/2009 to 07/09/2009 is XXXX.00 Euros (in text: XXXX Euros and zero cents).

The certificate is issued at the request of the account holder without any recourse to us or commitment on our part.

Dated: 08/09/2009

I hereby certify that the above information is true and correct.

Date, signature and stamp (statement issued on official letter pad).

2- Bank statement dated from 08/06/2009 to 07/09/2009.

Please give your expert opinion about these, if these are enough or not?

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:38 pm

If the bankstatements are ORIGINAL (or even a DUP copy sent to your home address ), 1source of evidence is enough..

Only in cases as mentioned in HO Guidance as shown below on page 36 paragraph 204.. you need supporting letter from bank

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... 310309.pdf

If the applicant wishes to submit electronic bank statements from an online account these must contain all of the details listed above. In addition, the applicant will need to provide a supporting letter from his/her bank, on company headed paper, confirming the authenticity of the statements provided. Alternatively an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank in question will be accepted. This stamp should appear on every page of the statement

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:44 am

Thank you Ramesh. Yes, I read that before, but the problem was that my online bank statment did not contain my name (one important requirement), just account number and other related stuff and they do not send any statement to my home address. It is strange, but anyway, to avoid any mishap I asked them for this letter. That is why, I am asking you guys, if the text, dates, etc in the above-written letter fulfil the following requirements, as now I have time to make any correction in this:

Guidance clause 204- iii), page 36 of 49, which states:
Letter from bank confirming funds and that they have been in the bank for at least three months:
The letter from a bank or building society should show:
-the applicant’s name;
-the account number;
-the date of the letter
-the financial institution’s name and logo;
-the funds held in the applicant’s account
-that the funds of £2,800 or £800 have been in the bank for at least three consecutive months on and immediately before the date of the letter. The letter must be dated no more than one calendar month before the date of application.
We will not accept letters which show the balance in the account on a particular day as these documents do not show that the applicant holds enough funds for the full period needed.

tvn_ramesh wrote:If the bankstatements are ORIGINAL (or even a DUP copy sent to your home address ), 1 source of evidence is enough..

Only in cases as mentioned in HO Guidance as shown below on page 36 paragraph 204.. you need supporting letter from bank

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... 310309.pdf

If the applicant wishes to submit electronic bank statements from an online account these must contain all of the details listed above. In addition, the applicant will need to provide a supporting letter from his/her bank, on company headed paper, confirming the authenticity of the statements provided. Alternatively an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank in question will be accepted. This stamp should appear on every page of the statement

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:30 am

The minimum balance maintained in this account for the period between 08/06/2009 to 07/09/2009 is XXXX.00 Euros (in text: XXXX Euros and zero cents).
Ok got you..

can you ask ur bank to change this sentence as..

The minimum balance maintained in this account for the period between 08/06/2009 to 07/09/2009 has never fallen below XXXX.00 Euros (in text: XXXX Euros and zero cents).during this period...

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:41 am

Thank you, so it means except this minimum balance thing other parts including dates, are fine??
tvn_ramesh wrote:
Ok got you..

can you ask ur bank to change this sentence as..

The minimum balance maintained in this account for the period between 08/06/2009 to 07/09/2009 has never fallen below XXXX.00 Euros (in text: XXXX Euros and zero cents).during this period...

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:03 am

Yes..

08/06/2009 to 07/09/2009 covers your 3months period.. but becos they are giving the letter today or tomorrow.. get it to the latest so that you r on safe side..

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:08 am

Okay, thank you so much Ramesh. I would try to get it done today.

tvn_ramesh wrote:Yes..

08/06/2009 to 07/09/2009 covers your 3months period.. but becos they are giving the letter today or tomorrow.. get it to the latest so that you r on safe side..

sajidzaidi

Post by sajidzaidi » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:38 am

since both you guys are in on the subject, please solve my problem also.

I had applied under the OLD HSMP scheme and my visa got regretted. At that time i had two dependents. By the time my appeal was successful, i have another daughter (One Self + three dependents). Although, i only need to submit passports for the early three applications, i will have to make a fresh application for the new child. My problem is maintenance funds.

How do i need to show maintenance funds? (The old HSMP way or the Tier-1 way).

What can i include in that amount besides bank statements (eg Provident Fund Statement or Value of Car etc?)

Do i need to prove the source of funds?

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:58 am

sajidzaidi wrote:since both you guys are in on the subject, please solve my problem also.

I had applied under the OLD HSMP scheme and my visa got regretted. At that time i had two dependents. By the time my appeal was successful, i have another daughter (One Self + three dependents). Although, i only need to submit passports for the early three applications, i will have to make a fresh application for the new child. My problem is maintenance funds.

How do i need to show maintenance funds? (The old HSMP way or the Tier-1 way).

What can i include in that amount besides bank statements (eg Provident Fund Statement or Value of Car etc?)

Do i need to prove the source of funds?
I am assuming
1. your current visa status is HSMP (old one)..
2. your new born baby has passport but not got visa yet..

Since old HSMP no longer exists.. you will apply for ur baby under Tier1(G) and pay fees and maintain funds as per Tier1(G) only..

you can show funds:
1. With funds in 1 or more accounts together for your maintenance funds in UK or outside UK
2. You shd be sole or joint account holders in all these accounts
3. you can show FD or ISA etc..

this info is based on assumption.. pls let me know if i assumed anything wrong here..

And also would wait for more seniors (maybe Chetan or Pushsmp) to confirm or provide you with more clear solution..

sajidzaidi

Post by sajidzaidi » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:25 pm

Noops

Although every one including FedEx guys keep on telling me the same as you, this dosent seem to be the case.

I went through the VF2 form guidance and it still mentions the HSMP together in the section 6 with Work Permit. I think i will have to apply on VF-2 and only fulfill the requirements which i provided for my other dependents in the last year.

I am planning to apply in comming week. please provide more info if you can.

sujyo

Bank Statments - maintenance evidence

Post by sujyo » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:38 pm

Are not only the bank statements suffiecient for this to show th e minimum balance. Is it necessary to obtain letter from the Bank.