ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I Apply From Within UK?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jmestes
Newly Registered

Can I Apply From Within UK?

Post by jmestes » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:50 pm

I'm an American who's been living in Glasgow for the last month, and I just applied to the University of Glasgow for a graduate program. I don't currently have anything more than a visiting visa. If I'm accepted, can I apply for Tier 4 from within the UK?

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:00 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:33 pm

Twisting a same question again and again will not help you, you can not apply from within the country full stop.

Can i just ask what's the big deal if you went back home and applied?
Magsi

jmestes
Newly Registered

Post by jmestes » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:31 pm

Simply the cost and inconvenience of a plane ticket, breaking my lease here, relocating (albeit temporarily) all over again. I just was hoping there'd be a way I could take care of it all from here in Glasgow.

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:06 pm

jmestes wrote:Simply the cost and inconvenience of a plane ticket, breaking my lease here, relocating (albeit temporarily) all over again. I just was hoping there'd be a way I could take care of it all from here in Glasgow.
Hi

Yes indeed No.

No way.

UK_Banned_Member