ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Best course of action? I really need some advice please.

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Stryth
Newly Registered

Best course of action? I really need some advice please.

Post by Stryth » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:27 am

Hi all. I was hoping for some advice on what would be the best course of action for me to go about getting a U.S work permit and of course, extended stay visa. I'm a UK citizen, but my girlfriend is American, with whom I have a 9 month old daughter. We've been trying to decide where its best to settle and we finally decided that its best I go there, but obviously I need to be able to secure stable employment and whatnot.

Any help/advice and of course links to the correct pages I'm supposed to be looking at for the fastest way to obtain a work permit would be very much appreciated. As you all know, the immigration process is thoroughly confusing for a novice like myself, so I give my sincerest thanks in advance for any and all help given.

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Re: Best course of action? I really need some advice please.

Post by Marco 72 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:01 pm

Stryth wrote:Hi all. I was hoping for some advice on what would be the best course of action for me to go about getting a U.S work permit and of course, extended stay visa. I'm a UK citizen, but my girlfriend is American, with whom I have a 9 month old daughter. We've been trying to decide where its best to settle and we finally decided that its best I go there, but obviously I need to be able to secure stable employment and whatnot.
Are you planning to marry your girlfriend?

Stryth
Newly Registered

Post by Stryth » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:06 am

Eventually I was, but we were hoping to do it in a way that it was right for us and not some sort of immigration tool. I was looking at the Fiance' visa thing last night and I'm aware of that being an option.

Is there any way for me to obtain a work visa without marrying her for now or is that my only option?

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Post by Marco 72 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:00 am

Stryth wrote:Eventually I was, but we were hoping to do it in a way that it was right for us and not some sort of immigration tool. I was looking at the Fiance' visa thing last night and I'm aware of that being an option.

Is there any way for me to obtain a work visa without marrying her for now or is that my only option?
Unless you can qualify for any of the other visas outlined on this site, getting married is probably your only option.