ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can i travel to india with indian passport after citizenship

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rkudum
Newly Registered

Can i travel to india with indian passport after citizenship

Post by rkudum » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:15 pm

Can anybody please answer this question.
I expecting to be a father in oct first week and i need to travel to india.
I have received my citizenship.
But do not have time to apply for the passport and indian visa.
So i wanted to know if i can tarvel to india with my indian passport which has Indefinite visa.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Re: Can i travel to india with indian passport after citizen

Post by Rozen » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:19 pm

rkudum wrote:Can anybody please answer this question.
So i wanted to know if i can tarvel to india with my indian passport which has Indefinite visa.
YES, you can.

rkudum
Newly Registered

Re: Can i travel to india with indian passport after citizen

Post by rkudum » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:51 pm

Rozen wrote:
rkudum wrote:Can anybody please answer this question.
YES, you can.
Thanks for your reply Rozen.
But i received a letter along with my citizenship document which states that my ILR would become invalid as soon i get a british citizenship

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:33 pm

If you only have ILR than you have no choice but to travel on your Indian passport.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

rkudum
Newly Registered

Post by rkudum » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:38 pm

Wanderer wrote:If you only have ILR than you have no choice but to travel on your Indian passport.
I have received my Citizenship certificate i had my ceremony couple of days a ago

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:42 pm

rkudum wrote:
Wanderer wrote:If you only have ILR than you have no choice but to travel on your Indian passport.
I have received my Citizenship certificate i had my ceremony couple of days a ago
But if you don't have a British passport, and need to travel to India, you can still use your Indian passport which has ILR!
Besides, I thought India allowed dual citizenship? :?:

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:46 pm

Rozen wrote:
rkudum wrote:
But if you don't have a British passport, and need to travel to India, you can still use your Indian passport which has ILR!
They don't but you can be an Indian Overseas Citizen which seems to a form of ILR.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_nat ... p_of_India
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:05 pm

Rozen wrote:
rkudum wrote:
Technically the Indian passport should no longer be used as you are now British (not Indian).

You are unlikely to have any problems traveling on your Indian passport but if you do it is likely to cause you problems later on if you apply for OCI.

rkudum
Newly Registered

Post by rkudum » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:31 am

djb123 wrote:
Rozen wrote:
rkudum wrote:
Technically the Indian passport should no longer be used as you are now British (not Indian).

You are unlikely to have any problems traveling on your Indian passport but if you do it is likely to cause you problems later on if you apply for OCI.
Thank you all for your reply