ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant visa for my new born kid

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kumarjalluri
Newly Registered

Dependant visa for my new born kid

Post by kumarjalluri » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:53 am

Hi Guys,

Currently I am in UK on tier 1 visa from past 2 months. My wife has already got the dependant visa along with me when I was in India.

But now she is India. When I was appling for both of us I showed the funds as GBP 2800 + 1600. Now I want to apply for my new born kid. Could you please let me know the process.

My doubts are -

1) Is it sufficient to show GBP 1600 for m kid. Or do I need to show the GBP 2800 + 1600 which was shown for me and my wife along with this new GBP 1600 of my kid's funds.

2) If it is not required to show my and my wife's funds, then can I show the same funds for my kid.

Hope it is clear.

Thanks
Kumar

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:21 am

Please read HO Guidance for Dependents.. Page 7 Paragraph 38 and 42..

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... policy.pdf

i am just copying wat it say's but give a quick read..

Dependant of a Tier 1 migrant
38. If the Tier 1 migrant is outside the United Kingdom or has been present in the United Kingdom for less than 12 months, each family member of the Tier 1 migrant must show that he/she, the Tier 1 migrant, or (for children) his/her other parent who is also legally present in the United Kingdom has at least £1600 to support him/her; this is in addition to any funds the Tier 1 migrant needs to prove he/she has enough money to support himself/herself.

42. If a dependant applies separately from the Tier 1 migrant, there must still be enough funds to support each member of the family. Therefore in the example above, if the family has a third child, the main applicant has been in the United Kingdom for two years and the family applies for leave to remain for the third child separately, they must provide evidence that they have an additional £533 in available funds.