ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any PSW (Applicant)Applying from Pakistan after 10 Sept 09?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nadkad
Newly Registered

Post by nadkad » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:22 am

Hello,

I would like to start thread for the main applicants applying from Pakistan after 10 September 2009.

As myself applying on 24 September 2009 from Lahore, Pakistan.

Documents going to submit are (original + photocopy i.e if applicable):

1) VAF 9

2) Append. 4 (Tier 1)

3) Degree + Transcript

4) Letter from University for PSW Containing Award date + sponsor licence number

5) Bank Statement over 2800 Pounds for three months (Its foreign Currency account on average one transaction of 100 Pounds per month) + Letter from Bank Manager confirming account detail and balance.

6) T.B Detection certificate

7) Passport + National I.D Card + Pictures

Please also let me know if I am missing any document or detail.

Other People Who are applying after 10 Sept or just recently (within the Span of 1 month) are welcome to share their thoughts and experience.

VISA Applied: 24 Sept 2009
VISA Received: 06 NOV 2009
Visa Valid till: Sept 2011

Regards,
Nadkad
Last edited by nadkad on Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jack_Hammer
BANNED

Post by Jack_Hammer » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:34 am

Why after Sep 10th in particular? Any particular reason. And Do they ask for T.B. certificate? Myself I will applying end of Sep. and I really need to know about this case. Maybe we should share some information , but I am not applying from Pakistan. Should be the same requirements I guess.
________
ESSENTIAL VAAAPP VAPORIZER
Last edited by Jack_Hammer on Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nadkad
Newly Registered

Post by nadkad » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:42 am

There isn't any specific reason for 10 September as me applying by end of September so want to ask other people to share information and also want to know people how long it has taken to get their visa who recently applied (With in the span of last two months).

For T.B test don't know what are requirement in your country as you are not applying from Pakistan. But if you are T.B test is expired and you applying outside u.k and you are going to apply for over 6 month visa you have to take it.

Jack_Hammer
BANNED

Post by Jack_Hammer » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:21 am

I see, I think your documents are complete except you need to make sure what is written in these documents and letters. Make sure they state whatever the requirements here:

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... tstudywork

1) From where did you get the ??100 transaction? The document says the bank statement
should show transactions only, but never mentioned the amount really?

2) Do we have to submit bank statement and a letter from the Bank or just a bank
statement showing the required details? Document says either one as long as it contains all the details they outlined in the previous link.

3) Yes, T.B. screening applies to some countries I guess.
________
Medical marijuana grow

Jack_Hammer
BANNED

Post by Jack_Hammer » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:33 am

I think it is OK to provide more than one evidence when it comes to maintenance fund ( bank stat.+ letter) although it states one or more... so..
________
SUZUKI BOULEVARD M109R

nadkad
Newly Registered

Post by nadkad » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:37 pm

No there is no limit or ruling for 100 pound transaction ... What I meant I have done one transaction in the account every month .... So bank statement will be showing three or four transactions for total 90 days...

Keep in mind its a foreign currency account so dont really need to withdraw money ... So doing three or four transaction in last three month would it be enough. Keep in mind my balance never went below 2800 pounds in last three months

Yes I can show statement or letter but no harm in showing both as every thing is genuine.

Any idea for processing time from Pakistan???

Jack_Hammer
BANNED

Post by Jack_Hammer » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:31 pm

I think the processing time is not that bad. Takes from 5-10 days normally. If you apply yo Visa Application Center (aka VAC) you can check that in their website for you country.

You could have held the money in your local account with your local currency also. They use the Oanda currency converter at the time of application.

http://www.oanda.com/convert/classic
________
COUNTACH

nadkad
Newly Registered

Post by nadkad » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:01 am

Jack_Hammer wrote:I think the processing time is not that bad. Takes from 5-10 days normally. If you apply yo Visa Application Center (aka VAC) you can check that in their website for you country.

You could have held the money in your local account with your local currency also. They use the Oanda currency converter at the time of application.

http://www.oanda.com/convert/classic

Foreign currency account or local currency account .... Does it Matters ???

Reply will be appreciated.

Jack_Hammer
BANNED

Post by Jack_Hammer » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:18 am

I understand even local accounts with local money will be considered. That is why they use the converter. I am keeping my money in local currency in a local account.
________
Smoke kills
Last edited by Jack_Hammer on Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jack_Hammer
BANNED

Post by Jack_Hammer » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:00 pm

Hi there, I am just wondering if we need to present police registration with our application. I believe applicants inside the UK are required to that... any thoughts?
________
Design host
Last edited by Jack_Hammer on Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

nadkad
Newly Registered

Post by nadkad » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:27 am

Yes if you are in U.K you need to submit register with the police But it depends which country you come from ... Lets say Chinese students/people have to submit their Police Registration certificate with the application ....

nadkad
Newly Registered

Post by nadkad » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:30 am

Guys me waiting for the people's response(Pakistan) who have applied on and after the mentioned date ....

farrukh37
Newly Registered

Post by farrukh37 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:47 am

nadkad wrote:Guys me waiting for the people's response(Pakistan) who have applied on and after the mentioned date ....

Hello brother ,

i am in UK at the moment , but i would be coming to pak to apply for PSW. I think you need , BIOMETRICS and make sure you choose a secure method to pay the VISA fee.

share details with me as i would be needing your help as well. if you need my help in anything must write back..

Regards and best of luck

nadkad
Newly Registered

Post by nadkad » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:06 am

farrukh37 wrote:
nadkad wrote:Guys me waiting for the people's response(Pakistan) who have applied on and after the mentioned date ....

Hello brother ,

i am in UK at the moment , but i would be coming to pak to apply for PSW. I think you need , BIOMETRICS and make sure you choose a secure method to pay the VISA fee.

share details with me as i would be needing your help as well. if you need my help in anything must write back..

Regards and best of luck

No worries my mate .... Yes Biometrics and visa fee in cash so its o.k for me .... you get the biometrics done on the same day in the visa center ...

From Which City you going to apply???

farrukh37
Newly Registered

Post by farrukh37 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:04 pm

nadkad wrote:
farrukh37 wrote:

Hello brother ,

Regards and best of luck
Brother ,

Make sure your statement is not older than a month , on the date you apply and if you are USING LOCAL currency statement thn , make sure you have enough of the extra money ( £2800 +) to be on the safe side because conversion of amount changes everyday.

i would like to ask , do i have to book an appointment with Gerry's ? or would you explain the process of applying from Pakistan as i am not aware of that yet.

Regards, when are you planning to apply.

No worries my mate .... Yes Biometrics and visa fee in cash so its o.k for me .... you get the biometrics done on the same day in the visa center ...

From Which City you going to apply???

nadkad
Newly Registered

Post by nadkad » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:12 pm

Mate what you trying to ask ??? Please Elaborate more ...

farrukh37
Newly Registered

Post by farrukh37 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:26 pm

nadkad wrote:Mate what you trying to ask ??? Please Elaborate more ...
Brother ,

I need your assistance in Complete process of PSW application. i would like to remind you that i have to apply for PSW before 29th of OCT,2009. here i go :

1) I got a number to book Gerry's appointment , can you guide me how far would be the appointment date?, if i call them on 23rd of sep,2009. Will i get an appointment date before 25th of OCT ? if Yes , its ok , If NO , thn tell me a way to get appointment before 25th of oct.

2) How to book for T.B test ? how can i book ? and where i have to go to perform T.B.Test ?

3) I have withdrawn my current student application from UK , would i be able to apply within 28 days of withdrawal of VISA ,from pakistan ?

4) What is the current processing time for PSW Application ?

Regards,

nadkad
Newly Registered

Post by nadkad » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:03 am

First of All please let me know from Which City you are Applying ...

Now detailed response to your Questions....

1) Book your appointment as soon as possible It will help you in getting desired and early date. I don't think you will be having problems in getting appointment as its not busy time of the Year. But Book your appoint as early as possible.

2) Call the following number and book your appointment for particular city (i.e. Lahore, Karachi, Islamabad and Mirpur) where they offer the services. Make sure you get it done 1/2 weeks before you file your application.

TB SCREENING UAN (051) 111 466 472

3) Dont know what you are trying to ask ... You mean You applied for Student Visa and recently you withdrawn from it so that you can apply PSW from Pakistan and also telll me what you mean by 28 days ... Please confirm

4) The following Link will give you estimated Time of Visa Processing. Choose Country and City Name you applying from.

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/processingtimes

P.S Processing time Varies Case to case Some got With in 10-30 working days and for some it took more than 60 working days... Ypu can't do any thing in this regard. Only thing I will recommend that apply with appropriate and required documents. With your reply you also mention the list of documents you attaching with you application.

Bro its a detailed response hope it answers all the queries you asked ....

Thanks n Eid Mubarak.

:roll:

farrukh37
Newly Registered

Post by farrukh37 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:38 pm

nadkad wrote:First of All please let me know from Which City you are Applying ...

Now detailed response to your Questions....

1) Book your appointment as soon as possible It will help you in getting desired and early date. I don't think you will be having problems in getting appointment as its not busy time of the Year. But Book your appoint as early as possible.

2) Call the following number and book your appointment for particular city (i.e. Lahore, Karachi, Islamabad and Mirpur) where they offer the services. Make sure you get it done 1/2 weeks before you file your application.

TB SCREENING UAN (051) 111 466 472

3) Dont know what you are trying to ask ... You mean You applied for Student Visa and recently you withdrawn from it so that you can apply PSW from Pakistan and also telll me what you mean by 28 days ... Please confirm

4) The following Link will give you estimated Time of Visa Processing. Choose Country and City Name you applying from.

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/processingtimes

P.S Processing time Varies Case to case Some got With in 10-30 working days and for some it took more than 60 working days... Ypu can't do any thing in this regard. Only thing I will recommend that apply with appropriate and required documents. With your reply you also mention the list of documents you attaching with you application.

Bro its a detailed response hope it answers all the queries you asked ....

Thanks n Eid Mubarak.

:roll:

Brother,

Thanks alot for the detailed email and Happy eid to you as well.

Most probably i will apply from Peshawar , but if the Peshawar center closed due to security reasons. i don't have any problems to go to Lahore , Mirpur or Islamabad.

1) I will call up today to book an appointment. What i have to tell them while booking an appointment ? like ,passport number ? or anything else with that ? as i am in UK i don't know much about it.

2) I am applying with following documents :

i) VAF9 and Appendix 4

II) Passport + pictures ( Old and new passport both)

iii ) Degree + Transcript ( Original )

iv ) letter from the university for Award date.

v) Bank statement + Letter from Bank for maintaining the fund of 2800 over 3 months time. ( Not more thn a month old at the time of applying).

vi) N.I.Card .

viii) Letter from the supervisor ( Personal tutor - not necessary but i will include )

if i miss anything of you suggest anything please do let me know. when are you going to apply ?

Thanks, :)

Shafiqueawan

Post by Shafiqueawan » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:11 pm

Aslam o alaikum

Dear bro

i am also applying for POST STUDY WORK VISA perviously refused from UK bacuse of maintnance funds my appointment is 30 SEP from Islamabad .

i have recieve degree conformation letter from university on 15TH oct 2008 and decsion was made on 09 oct 2009. i have got only 9 days out of 12 months of completing my degree .

please please pray for me
thanks

ab041937
Newly Registered

Re: Any PSW (Applicant)Applying from Pakistan after 10 Sept

Post by ab041937 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:06 am

Shafiqueawan wrote:Aslam o alaikum

Dear bro

i am also applying for POST STUDY WORK VISA perviously refused from UK bacuse of maintnance funds my appointment is 30 SEP from Islamabad .

i have recieve degree conformation letter from university on 15TH oct 2008 and decsion was made on 09 oct 2009. i have got only 9 days out of 12 months of completing my degree .

please please pray for me
thanks
Shafiqueawan,

My prayers and best wishes are with you. God willing, everything will be allrite and you shall have your PSW in your hand. You are claiming what is rightfully yours and be hopeful, you will get it

Regards

AB

Shafiqueawan

Post subject: Any PSW (Applicant)Applying from Pakistan afte

Post by Shafiqueawan » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:24 pm

Dear all,

can some one tell me how to address British high commission in pakistan as i have to get letter from bank is there anyone who got bank letter format ???????

need your response as quick as you can .

shafique

nadkad
Newly Registered

Re: Post subject: Any PSW (Applicant)Applying from Pakistan

Post by nadkad » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:15 am

Shafiqueawan wrote:Dear all,

can some one tell me how to address British high commission in pakistan as i have to get letter from bank is there anyone who got bank letter format ???????

need your response as quick as you can .

shafique
There is no need to ask Bank letter format as all the bank have the format for the "Maintenance Certificate of Account Holder"

And this letter is usually addressed to whom it may concern not British High commission ... You really getting from Bank :D :D

For more information Click below and read the instruction provided by the British Home office (Refer to Page 20).

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... dance1.pdf

nadkad
Newly Registered

Post by nadkad » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:56 am

Please guys reply to this thread .... keep it alive I hope it will help people to answer their queries ...

Gngmei
Newly Registered

Post by Gngmei » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:41 pm

AOA
Im applying for PSW in Oct.from Pakistan.
I randomly came across this thread and was intrigued to read that
a. TB Certification
b. Letter from bank confirming funds.
was required.

Please advise me where you received this information as I have not come across this either on the UKBorder or Gerrys webpage.
Thanks