ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC Funds - Recent bank deposits causes problems?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sekhar_software

EC Funds - Recent bank deposits causes problems?

Post by sekhar_software » Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:39 pm

Hi All,

My query is regarding showing funds for Entry Clearance.

I dont have enough money in my bank to show funds, but, I can deposit the required amount in my bank and I can show that I can survive in UK. But, will it cause a problem because, its a recent transaction into my bank account!!. I read somewhere that you should deposit the money atleast 6 months back...

This is very important for me, please help.

Many thanks in advance,
Raj

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:55 pm

Are you saying that your money is spread around a number of banks, and the total held is OK but you perceive that no one bank has enough?

If so why not just supply all the bank statements or passbooks to show the total you will have available?
John

sekhar_software

Post by sekhar_software » Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:31 am

Thanks for the reply

No, actually my problem is I dont have money in any bank accounts. The amount is in my relative's account and he will transfer that money into my account upon request.

Since its a huge amount, they will object, am I right?

taikoo
Newly Registered

Post by taikoo » Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:45 am

Raj,

Please don't read me wrong. I am not trying to dissuade you.

Not sure if you have been to London before. Life there is very expensive.

It may be true that as a software engineer you may get a job quickly. But in the inerim, you would need to sustain your self.

My suggestion is - if you don't have enough money to sustain you for atleast 3 months, don't take the trouble to migrate.

Whether the recent deposit of huge amounts in your accounts will be detected by the High Commission, is debatable, my sincere suggestion is - if you cannot afford, don't take the journey now. You may postpone for some more time.

Again, please don't think that I am dissuading you from going to UK. I am speaking out of my experience.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:06 am

sekhar_software, if the money is really yours ... not your relatives .... then certainly get it into your bank account. No harm in putting in a covering letter explaining where the funds were before they arrived in your bank account.

taikoo writes :-
Not sure if you have been to London before. Life there is very expensive.
I don't see that he actually says he is coming to London, but you are right to say that it is very expensive there. Well that is certainly how it feels from here in Birmingham, the UK's second largest city and about 120 miles away from London. Much cheaper to live here than in London.

General point ... there are lots cheaper places in the UK than London.
John

sekhar_software

Post by sekhar_software » Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:58 pm

Hi Tikoo,

Thanks for your reply. I feel like "at least someone replied".

No, I am not saying I dont have funds... I am saying "I DONT HAVE FUNDS IN BANK". Because, Why would I keep 7 or 8 lakhs in my bank all the time (for a year). So, I think no one keeps huge amounts in the bank instead they invest on something.

I have money in other forms like lands, gold, flats, lic etc., So, what my real question is, if I sell some of those assets and deposit into my account that becomes huge amount (may be 6 lakhs) and its a recent transaction. I worry whether this could be a problem in gettin my EC!!!!

Acatually, you answered my question to an extent.

Thanks,
Raj

sekhar_software

Post by sekhar_software » Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:02 pm

John,

Thanks for the answer.

If I understood what you said correctly; I would ask my father to deposit some amount (say 5 lakhs) into my bank account and ask him to give a notary stating "I wont take this money back from him" (something like this) then thats not a problem. Is this correct?

John - I dont know whether I am repeating my question, but, if my father transfer that some amount into my account, will EC object for this "RECENT TRANSACTION"?

Your answer is really helpful, many thanks,
Raj

bani

Post by bani » Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:59 pm

Hi. You can also just send your father's bank statements with a letter from your father stating that he is sponsoring your jobhunt in the UK.
sekhar_software wrote:John,

Thanks for the answer.

If I understood what you said correctly; I would ask my father to deposit some amount (say 5 lakhs) into my bank account and ask him to give a notary stating "I wont take this money back from him" (something like this) then thats not a problem. Is this correct?

John - I dont know whether I am repeating my question, but, if my father transfer that some amount into my account, will EC object for this "RECENT TRANSACTION"?

Your answer is really helpful, many thanks,
Raj

Korben Dallas

Post by Korben Dallas » Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:03 pm

sekhar_software,

i had similar case, keeping my funds in cash. the day before ec i made a deposit of all my savings and printed out "concentrated a/c statement" showing only balance and not operations within account. as far as i guess, they call the bank to check out if the amount represented corresponds to the a/c balance. i don't think they have the right of getting an information of your money flow - it is confident information. moreover, i'm not sure they ever call the bank to check the a/c status..
all this is valid for countries with *right* economy - if in your country it is popular to hide earnings officially showing low salaries and getting wages in cash.. then they might be checking the origin of the funds, ya know..

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:50 am

"The amount is in my relative's account and he will transfer that money into my account upon request"

"I am saying "I DONT HAVE FUNDS IN BANK". Because, Why would I keep 7 or 8 lakhs in my bank all the time (for a year). So, I think no one keeps huge amounts in the bank instead they invest on something. "

Both your statements don't match.... why would one keep your money into your relatives account??? where is the proof that the money is yours?

Also if you had "invested" the amount into some goverment recognized funds etc then i don't think you will have any problems...

rao166

Post by rao166 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:18 am

Actually, i need to know the same answer, my savings from job which are around 10,000 GBP are scattered . I own a small livestock farm, some agriculture land, bought some rice for investment purposes.

All i can show in my bank account is a amount of around 2000 GBP. is this enough. or shud i have to deposit something more to my account. and if i deposit something more ,would EC object on it or not.

PS: i cant show something official to show my above mentioned investments coz u know there is no general proof , no contracts and no bank transactions.

Bissy
Newly Registered

Post by Bissy » Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:07 am

I believe you should just add the documents for your assets in your processing documents and just explain that you have so and so assets in so and so form.

I dont believe they expect you to liquidate all your assets when you dont EC already. With that you can at least prove that if it comes to it, you can provide for your upkeep.

Just make sure the documents are in your name or spouse's name.

indian0105
Newly Registered

Post by indian0105 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:30 am

Dear all ,

In my case i have 10,000 GBP bank balance . but, i capture it from relative , father and my income . Entries are made within 1 week .

Is the above is correct . should my father sponcer my visit of UK with their funds .

I have also made arrangment in UK for my accomodation as well as expences , that will bare by my cousign.( copy of letter)

I just focus on the above all topics , In the EC they just verify that you have sufficent funds for accomodate in the UK .