ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC denied-Right of Appeal

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

angeldavies
Newly Registered

EC denied-Right of Appeal

Post by angeldavies » Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:32 pm

Dear All,

Please I need help. I got HSMP approval March 29th and applied to EC 23rd May but my EC was refused. I appled with my wife. The EC officer stated that "you supplied bank statements in your application which seem inflated for the purpose of the application and he does not feel they represent my actual financial circumstances here". Now the point is I got funds into the account a week before my submission. These were sales proceed from land sales. Now I have been given 28days to appeal. What I need to know are:

1. Can I send the appeal to the AIT straight or I should go through the BHC
2. How long does an appeal take, I read 8 weeks on the AIT website
3. Do you guys know of anyone who was refused, appealed and was successful?
4. or do you think IO should just re-apply to Home Office?
5. I plan to appeal without legal represntative, what chnace do I have?

Thank you all

homeistheuk
Newly Registered

Post by homeistheuk » Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:08 am

Which embassy did you apply for the EC?

angeldavies
Newly Registered

Post by angeldavies » Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:51 pm

Thanks for replying. I was almost given up that no one will attend to me. I applied in Lagos, Nigeria.

Many thanks

linlin
Newly Registered

Post by linlin » Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:54 am

angeldavies,
You have two options either your appeal or you reapply. Before we can advice you on the best route you need to provide more information on your application for EC. What other document did you submit eg proff of accomodation in UK, job search etc. Were you using the account regularly before the huge deposit what level of money was there before the deposit, are you currently working in your country, is your wife a professional? What other questions were put to you at the interview.
Answers to these question will enable focus on what the issues are.
Thanks
linlin

angeldavies
Newly Registered

Post by angeldavies » Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:40 pm

Thanks Lilin,
1. Yes the accounts were in use constantly. Been in use for more than 1 year and was also used as a supporting doc for HSMP
2.yes, I submitted proof of accomodation from a British Ciizen and also an budget estimate of about 7kGBP
3.the level of money in the account was averages 200K Naira (1k Pounds) before the huge deposit started coming in
4. I work in my country and my annual salary is in the region of 14K GBP
5.No my wife is not working presently but funds came in from source of real estate which can be proofed
6. I was not interviewed cos mode of submission was through courier service.

Thank you and I do hope to hear from you soon cos I have to make a decision this week.

Many thanks

angeldavies

stone
Newly Registered

Post by stone » Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:24 am

i think you should reapply as i did. Give them the proof of land selling etc

lbfrancois

Post by lbfrancois » Sat Jul 09, 2005 5:12 pm

Hi angeldavies,

Did you receive the approval letter from HSMP back with your refused EC application? I've read some postings from ppl saying their Aproval Letters were retained at the embassy when their EC was refused.

How much time do ppl have for asking for a review in case of a refused EC?

Thanks

angeldavies
Newly Registered

Post by angeldavies » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:34 am

My time frame for applying is over and I have sent in the appeal. I received a mail from the consular office that it could take a year. Now I'm really confused. Yes, my original HSMP approval was returned

Any advise?

yodiyokun
Member of Standing

Post by yodiyokun » Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:01 pm

angeldavies wrote:My time frame for applying is over and I have sent in the appeal. I received a mail from the consular office that it could take a year. Now I'm really confused. Yes, my original HSMP approval was returned

Any advise?
Appeal takes as long as 1year. It better to reapply, but as you say the approval is already expired. I actually know someone in naija that extended the HSMP approval letter. I dont know how possible that is now
But you can writeto your case worker to find out.

angeldavies
Newly Registered

Post by angeldavies » Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:06 pm

Thanks for your response. To have an extension of the approval date is a very nioce one indeed. that is a nice one. But what would you advise? Even if I have to write my case worker for HSMP approval date extension, should I mention that I have already sent in an appeal in respect of this? and don't you think the BHC will refuse that?

Thanks