ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I need these? Fiancee Application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

t_kaay

Do I need these? Fiancee Application

Post by t_kaay » Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:46 pm

Hi,
I am British and I am just getting my evidence together for my fiancee application for my fiancee in Pakistan. I went to see a local immigration advisor today to enquire about accomodation reports but he doesn't do them. Whilst talking to him about fiancee visa application process, he said 3 things which confused me.

Firstly he said I need to provide a letter of sponsorship, which he can do for £50. I asked if a normal letter from me included in the application would be enough and the guy said no, as the letter had to be signed by authority with passport copies. Is this correct??

Secondly, he told me that I must provide a second address of where my fiancee will live when she arrives in the UK whilst we are waiting to get married?? We intend to get married in a registry office and can't book it until my fiancee arrives in the UK but surely she can live with me in the meantime??

Lastly, he stated that we must provide details of a booking for a wedding reception. We are not intending to have a reception. It will be a very quiet wedding as we are both divorcees and it is a love marriage which some of the family don't approve of. We just want the registry office event and thats it.

Any thoughts on these points?

Thanks

prettypolitical

Post by prettypolitical » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:53 pm

Hie,

I did my own sponsor letter and got a certified copy of my passport!!!

Letters that were sent in by family and friends were backed up with copies of their ID (not certified)

You need evidence thatyou are a couple and lots of it

Tenancy Agreement/Mortgage Papers etc

I had a print out of my rent account to show i was not in arrears

Photos of us together from start of relationship

Phone Bills - highlighting calls to my husband

E-mails to and from each other

Romantic cards/letters that you have sent to each other etc

Any sort of preparation for your wedding plans???????

I would imagine the property where you are going to live is the same address, is it suitable for both of you

Bank statements

Wage slips etc

I could go on all day!!!...how far have you actually got in preparation....and have you been on the UK border agency website and done any research??????????????

Let us know ig you need any more help or anything more specific just shout out!!!!
???REUNITED???

djb123
Member of Standing

Re: Do I need these? Fiancee Application

Post by djb123 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:33 pm

t_kaay wrote:Hi,
I am British and I am just getting my evidence together for my fiancee application for my fiancee in Pakistan. I went to see a local immigration advisor today to enquire about accomodation reports but he doesn't do them. Whilst talking to him about fiancee visa application process, he said 3 things which confused me.

Firstly he said I need to provide a letter of sponsorship, which he can do for £50. I asked if a normal letter from me included in the application would be enough and the guy said no, as the letter had to be signed by authority with passport copies. Is this correct??

Secondly, he told me that I must provide a second address of where my fiancee will live when she arrives in the UK whilst we are waiting to get married?? We intend to get married in a registry office and can't book it until my fiancee arrives in the UK but surely she can live with me in the meantime??

Lastly, he stated that we must provide details of a booking for a wedding reception. We are not intending to have a reception. It will be a very quiet wedding as we are both divorcees and it is a love marriage which some of the family don't approve of. We just want the registry office event and thats it.

Any thoughts on these points?

Thanks
Don't bother speaking with him again as he is wrong on all 3 points.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:55 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

t_kaay

Post by t_kaay » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:06 am

Thanks for the replies. I have done some research prior to meeting this guy and I thought he was talking rubbish at the time....guess I just wanted a secon opinion from you guys.

Basically I intend to submit the following:

Sponsorship letter from myself
Letter from fiancee outlining application
Photocopy of my passport
6 months bank statements showing I usually have balance of approx £2500-£3000 at all times
Savings account showing £2700
Letter from employer confirming employment
6 months wageslips showing net income of at least £2000 every 4 weeks
P60 for last year showing earnings of approx £40000
Accommodation report for a 2 bedroom house that I own (mortgaged)
Land registry entry for the house
Copies of my passport showing 4 trips to Pakistan in the last 2 years to see her
Phone records showing I call her at least 3-4 times daily
Phone top up cards from her that she has used to call me
3 photos of us together
2 cards she sent me
My UK issued Decree Absolute
Her Pakistani issued Decree Absolute with attested english translation

The only thing I can't show is any plans for the wedding. As stated before, we are going to have a registry office marriage. Its not possible to arrange this until she arrives here. We are not planning any reception so I'm at a loss on this point. Any ideas?

Can you think of anything else that I should send?

Thanks for the help

prettypolitical

Post by prettypolitical » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:04 pm

Have you enquired at the registry office...and explained the situation....i am sure they have these situations before and can suggest something....it is difficult but give everything a try!!!!

guna lose anything except a few minutes of your time!!!!
???REUNITED???

prettypolitical

Post by prettypolitical » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:16 pm

T KAAY

http://www.weddings.co.uk/info/legeng.htm

Found this look at the part near the bottom it says one or both partners can go and give notice.........mmmmmmmmmm

have a look and go to the register and get info.....

let us know how its going
???REUNITED???