ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsoring De Facto And Applying For T1/T2 - Help Please

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aussie123
Newly Registered

Sponsoring De Facto And Applying For T1/T2 - Help Please

Post by aussie123 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:52 am

Hi All

I was considering applying for HSMP Visa (or obtaining Tier 2 immigration) and sponsoring my de-facto partner at the same time. I have a couple of questions in regard to this:

1) I have read in some places you have to have accommodation in place to sponsor a de-facto partner. How does this make sense if you are applying from overseas? Or is it you just have to have sufficient funds to be able to provide accommodation?

2) How many pieces of evidence to prove de-facto relationship exists? Can you use a combination of accounts/bills with joint names and correspondence sent to us as individuals but to the same address (that is, mail to me and mail to her, both sent to the same address).

Thanks in advance..