ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Two Questions: FLR Decision Delays + Earnings Shortfall

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

1400 Years

Two Questions: FLR Decision Delays + Earnings Shortfall

Post by 1400 Years » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:51 pm

Two questions:

My HSMP visa expires on 10 November 2009. If I apply for extension (FLR) by 10 October and the Home Office return my passports + documents AFTER 10 November (assuming this based on the amount of time they are taking these days), would I end up being in some kind of over-stay jeopardy if they refused the FLR and I were to exit the country?

I need to make £32,000 in order to secure 35 points for Earnings. I have worked as a salaried employee at a reputed University over the past 12 months. I'll be facing a shortfall of around £1500 by the time I send in my application for FLR. Can I make it up by including untaxed proofreading / editing fee as part-time earnings?

Thanks.

1400 Years

Post by 1400 Years » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:03 pm

Okay; for the first question, I managed to dig out the answer from the UKBA website:

"If you make an application before your authorised stay ends, your existing immigration status will continue until your application is decided, even if the decision is not made until after the end of your permitted stay. If your existing visa or other permission to stay here allows you to work, you can continue to do so until your case is decided."

(http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/ukres ... ationtype/)

As for my second, question, I think a response from experienced people on this forum would help best.

Thanks.