ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refusal based on Insufficient Maintenance Funds

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cashew1984
Newly Registered

Refusal based on Insufficient Maintenance Funds

Post by cashew1984 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:15 am

ECO Comment on Refusal Letter:
You have claimed 10 points for maintenance. However, the bank statement you have provided does not demonstrate the required level of funds. You require 13,950 for fees + 5400 for living costs = 19,350. The balance of the account 18,498. The documents you have provided do not demonstrate that you are in possession of the required level of funds. I am therefore not satisfied that you have achieved 10 points.

The ECO clearly made a blatant error as he/she did not consider a 1000 pound award that I had received from the university and payments I had already made.

Course Fee (as per Visa Letter): GBP 13,950/-
Official Financial Sponsor (University): GBP 1,000/-
Outstanding Course Fee: GBP 12,950/-

Maintenance Funds required (as per Tier 4 policy guide): GBP 5,400/-
Accommodation fee paid: GBP 250/-
Outstanding Maintenance Funds: GBP 5,150/-

Total Funds Required: GBP 18,100/-

Total Funds shown on the Bank Statement AND Account Maintenance Certificate: GBP 18,498/-.

Kindly note that the following relevant original documents were provided with my application:

1. Original Award Letter (signed & stamped on a top 4 UK Uni letterhead)
2. Original Accommodation Fee Receipt (signed & stamped on a top 4 UK Uni letterhead)

I applied for an admin review on 7th sept. How long do you guys think will I get my decision (considering there will be 2-3 eid holidays as well). I need to arrive on campus on the 26th Sept. Will I be able to arrive on time??

ice_breaker
Mood:
Saudi Arabia

Post by ice_breaker » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:42 am

damn , i am due to apply student visa tomorrow and good u mentioned it , my uni is paying towards my accomodation for 1 year and hence i dont need to show my acccomodation expense , i will definately mention it as much as i can to avoid these kind of balant error.

i feel your circumstances , less time and now your application decision is pushed further

cashew1984
Newly Registered

Post by cashew1984 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:58 am

I talked to the Admin Review Officer, he said that as of today there are 200 applications ahead of me in the queue. How many AR applications do you guys think, BHC processes in a week? Also I need answers / suggestions to my first post as well!!

evabeva

Re: Refusal based on Insufficient Maintenance Funds

Post by evabeva » Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:20 pm

cashew1984 wrote:ECO Comment on Refusal Letter:
You have claimed 10 points for maintenance. However, the bank statement you have provided does not demonstrate the required level of funds. You require 13,950 for fees + 5400 for living costs = 19,350. The balance of the account 18,498. The documents you have provided do not demonstrate that you are in possession of the required level of funds. I am therefore not satisfied that you have achieved 10 points.

The ECO clearly made a blatant error as he/she did not consider a 1000 pound award that I had received from the university and payments I had already made.

Course Fee (as per Visa Letter): GBP 13,950/-
Official Financial Sponsor (University): GBP 1,000/-
Outstanding Course Fee: GBP 12,950/-

Maintenance Funds required (as per Tier 4 policy guide): GBP 5,400/-
Accommodation fee paid: GBP 250/-
Outstanding Maintenance Funds: GBP 5,150/-

Total Funds Required: GBP 18,100/-

Total Funds shown on the Bank Statement AND Account Maintenance Certificate: GBP 18,498/-.

Kindly note that the following relevant original documents were provided with my application:

1. Original Award Letter (signed & stamped on a top 4 UK Uni letterhead)
2. Original Accommodation Fee Receipt (signed & stamped on a top 4 UK Uni letterhead)

I applied for an admin review on 7th sept. How long do you guys think will I get my decision (considering there will be 2-3 eid holidays as well). I need to arrive on campus on the 26th Sept. Will I be able to arrive on time??
oh my god I feel sorry they have reject just because you don't have 1000 pounds more in your account to complete the whole amount.

Come on don't you think they take a piss at us (students)? lol

I hope you win the administrative review!

I am thinking to withdraw my application too, as this is not right!
none

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:42 pm

evabeva wrote: Come on don't you think they take a piss at us (students)? lol
No, if anything it's the students taking the piss out of the system, hence all of these controls and more rejections.

evabeva

Post by evabeva » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:58 pm

meats wrote:
No, if anything it's the students taking the piss out of the system, hence all of these controls and more rejections.
Whatever dude ! There are other countries where students can study. I understand home office being strict because of the bogus colleges, but there are genuine students out there, whose visas have been rejected due to home office being very mean. At the end of the day home office needs us as we pay huge amount just to get a diploma. just for your info if home office is this strict then overseas students will not choose to come over to the UK to study. Come on, the fees are stratospheric compared to other countries.

So if the students are taking the piss out of the system, how come home office provides council houses to foreigners and actually are these foreigners that take a piss out of the system by working and claiming benefits at the same time? Give me a break please! lol
none

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:13 pm

evabeva wrote:
meats wrote:
Whatever dude ! There are other countries where students can study. I understand home office being strict because of the bogus colleges, but there are genuine students out there, whose visas have been rejected due to home office being very mean. At the end of the day home office needs us as we pay huge amount just to get a diploma. just for your info if home office is this strict then overseas students will not choose to come over to the UK to study. Come on, the fees are stratospheric compared to other countries.

So if the students are taking the piss out of the system, how come home office provides council houses to foreigners and actually are these foreigners that take a piss out of the system by working and claiming benefits at the same time? Give me a break please! lol
You answered it pretty well in your first line and a half of your reply. The bogus colleges and the whole scale of them. Of course there are genuine students out there however it is because of the bogus students/colleges that the genuine ones are being screwed over. It's the same with fiancees/spouses etc due to arranged marriages and marriages of convenience.

The huge amounts can be argued either way, if you go to a university then yes it's a lot however there are lots of colleges that offer 'courses' which are cheaper than a UK students' fees at a university. It's just as expensive for someone like me to do a Masters at a Sydney university for example as it is for a non-EU national to do one at a London university.

And i completely agree with you about the foreigners and council houses, benefits etc. It is actually probably best not to get me started on all of that! :) Minor point, it's not the Home Office providing the benefits and houses, it's the local council.

evabeva

Post by evabeva » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:30 pm

meats wrote:
evabeva wrote:
meats wrote:

You answered it pretty well in your first line and a half of your reply. The bogus colleges and the whole scale of them. Of course there are genuine students out there however it is because of the bogus students/colleges that the genuine ones are being screwed over. It's the same with fiancees/spouses etc due to arranged marriages and marriages of convenience.

The huge amounts can be argued either way, if you go to a university then yes it's a lot however there are lots of colleges that offer 'courses' which are cheaper than a UK students' fees at a university. It's just as expensive for someone like me to do a Masters at a Sydney university for example as it is for a non-EU national to do one at a London university.

And i completely agree with you about the foreigners and council houses, benefits etc. It is actually probably best not to get me started on all of that! :) Minor point, it's not the Home Office providing the benefits and houses, it's the local council.

You see you are starting to agree with me :lol:

Look as you can see, I am pissed off at the system in the UK. Yeah it is common sense that I should be informed before I apply for a student there but after 7 years as a student in England I can say that UK rules are the the most strict than any other country. They change the rules as it pleases to them. I know students from my country that have studied in other countries, not in the UK and after graduation they have been able to get jobs easily. There in the UK is extremely difficult to get a job afterward, as the rules make it so you can get trapped in the system and impossible to get a job offer. I must admit UK is clever to enrich its country by attracting overseas students. :P

My self i feel really pissed off as I have seen many foreigners in the UK that don't even know how to talk properly and still have attained the right to stay , and us students nothing at all, just high fees and no jobs! :roll:
none

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:38 pm

evabeva wrote:

Look as you can see, I am pissed off at the system in the Uk. Yeah it is common sense that I should be informed before I apply for a student there but after 7 years as a student in england I can say that UK rules are the the most strict than any other country. They change the rules as it pleases to them. I know students from my country that have studied in other countries, not in the Uk and after graduation they have been able to get jobs easily. There in the Uk is extremly difficult to get a job afterwards, as the rules make it so you can get trapped in the system and impossible to get a job offer. I must admit UK is clever to enrich its country by attracting overseas students. :P

My self i feel really pissed as I have seen many foreigners in the UK that dont even know how to talk propelry and still have attained the right to stay , and us students nothing at all, just high fees and no jobs! :roll:
There's nothing wrong with high fees for foreign students, especially when being a student was a way of staying in the country long term and leading to residency. Studying shouldn't be used as a way of working and living long term in any country.

When you have a country that is as overpopulated as the UK then it's no real wonder that it's hard to get a job, even moreso now with the number of redundancies at the moment. Also, the government has hidden the real number of unemployed as people on some form of disability benefits aren't included in the figures. A lot of jobs were created in the public sector, jobs which weren't necessary but were created to make the government look like it was doing something about reducing the number of unemployed, creating soft jobs if you like.

Truth of the matter is, right now and for the foreseeable future this country is fcuked! The brains will all emigrate elsewhere and soon all that will be left will be the people who can't afford to move and the leaches of society. Labour is already trying to ruin The City and as soon as the EU get hold of controls over it then you watch the banks etc all leave and take hundreds of thousands of jobs with them.

evabeva

Post by evabeva » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:48 pm

meats wrote:
There's nothing wrong with high fees for foreign students, especially when being a student was a way of staying in the country long term and leading to residency. Studying shouldn't be used as a way of working and living long term in any country.

Yeah I know and I am aware of that (the one highlighted in bold)

When you have a country that is as overpopulated as the UK then it's no real wonder that it's hard to get a job, even moreso now with the number of redundancies at the moment. Also, the government has hidden the real number of unemployed as people on some form of disability benefits aren't included in the figures. A lot of jobs were created in the public sector, jobs which weren't necessary but were created to make the government look like it was doing something about reducing the number of unemployed, creating soft jobs if you like.

Truth of the matter is, right now and for the foreseeable future this country is fcuked! The brains will all emigrate elsewhere and soon all that will be left will be the people who can't afford to move and the leaches of society. Labour is already trying to ruin The City and as soon as the EU get hold of controls over it then you watch the banks etc all leave and take hundreds of thousands of jobs with them.[/quote]

wow that sounds pretty bad!

p.s are u english ? :D
none

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:49 pm

evabeva wrote: p.s are u english ? :D [/b]
Yep and looking to emigrate within the next couple of years!

evabeva

Post by evabeva » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:25 pm

meats wrote:
evabeva wrote: p.s are u english ? :D [/b]
Yep and looking to emigrate within the next couple of years!
ok , where about? :D
none

cashew1984
Newly Registered

Post by cashew1984 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:06 pm

evabeva wrote:
oh my god I feel sorry they have reject just because you don't have 1000 pounds more in your account to complete the whole amount.

Come on don't you think they take a piss at us (students)? lol

I hope you win the administrative review!

I am thinking to withdraw my application too, as this is not right!
If you read my first post carefully, I actually have slightly more money in my account. I have a 1000 GBP award from my Uni (which is a top 4 Uni in UK). UKBA has completely failed consider award letters/receipts from their top universities, which is just a shame.

Kashif Gulzar
Newly Registered

Same refusal Insufficient Balance

Post by Kashif Gulzar » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:07 pm

I got the same refusal today, in my case My fee is 8200 and 5400 that makes 13600. out of which i paid 3500, so 13600-3500=10100, but i showed my stament of 11922.
The ECO claimed that he needs 13600 pounds deposit. He merely neglected the 3500 pound paid already.
I need yor guidance as to what to attach and write in my Administrative Review.
Secondly my course startrs at 5 oct 2009, and this is with an extention:( so what would be the time i ll be requiring to get my Review done and passport stamped