ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

POST-STUDY VISA&FUNDS/MAINTENANCE QUERY

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mnyash
Newly Registered

POST-STUDY VISA&FUNDS/MAINTENANCE QUERY

Post by mnyash » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:52 am

I INTEND TO APPLY FOR PSW END OF OCT BUT I HAVE REALISED I ONLY HAVE 2FULL MONTHS OF FUNDS.PLEASE CAN ANY ONE GIVE ME ANY IDEAS AS TO HOW I CAN GET THE FULL 3 MONTHS £800 REQUIREMENT? I WAS THINKING OF ADDING MYSELF TO MY PARENTS ACCOUNT AND USING THAT AS PROOF OF FUNDS BUT I AM WORRIED AS TO WHETHER MY NAME WILL APPEAR IN PAST STATEMENTS FROM MY MUM'S ACCOUNT.

IF I ADDED MY NAME TO MY PARENTS ACCOUNT NOW,CAN THE BANK REFUSE TO ADD MY NAME TO PREVIOUS BANK STATEMENTS? ALL THE OTHER DOCUMENTS ARE FINE PLEASE HELP AS TIME IS RUNNING OUT THANX

promise44
Newly Registered

Post by promise44 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:30 am

If you add your name to your parents account, it will stand from the date you added it and thereafter, NOT before.

Also can you give the exact dates thaty have funds for. Since you are applying at the end of october ,and you already for 2 full months £800.00, it seems that you could get another month in there before you apply, since its only the 13th of September. So give the exact dates that you have so far and maybe it may shed more light on your situation.

mnyash
Newly Registered

Post by mnyash » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:46 pm

MY AUGUST FUNDS WENT BELOW £800 FOR TWO WEEKS SO I NOW HAVE FUNDS FROM 30 AUG 2009 WHICH MEANS BY 30TH OCT I WILL ONLY HAVE 2MONTHS FUNDS. MY VISA EXPIRES BEGINNING OF NOV.I DO NOT WANT TO OVERSTAY AT ALL.I DONT KNOW HOW I CAN GET THE FULL 3 MONTHS IN TIME:(

Jack_Hammer
BANNED

Post by Jack_Hammer » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:54 pm

Hello there, your case was very similar to mine. I went under ??800 for the first two weeks in the three months period (Mar-May2009). I had an overseas account, but it was useless. I couldn't compensate the difference of these two weeks. I had no other accounts. I decided to leave the UK end of May before my visa expires and not to apply since the outcome in this case is very clear. HO would have rejected my application for leave to remain anyway. Basically, I did leave the UK, sorted out my account at home and now ready to apply from home. I am still not sure whether it was the right decision or not, but there was not choice but to leave the UK. I didn't want to get rejected and mess my record. I didn't want to enter a very lengthy appeal process with not real evidence to present. I took most the moderators advice on this forum and left the UK. I am saying, think of sorting your account at home from now to win the time, if you decided to apply from the UK nevertheless, be ready to wait and legal battle...
________
ASATRU (NORSE PAGANISM) FORUM
Last edited by Jack_Hammer on Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mnyash
Newly Registered

Post by mnyash » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:51 pm

thank u 4 ur help

Jack_Hammer
BANNED

Post by Jack_Hammer » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:44 am

To be honest I thought about doing something about it when I was in the UK. I thought of renewing my visa as a student for like a month course and it has to be a proper course suits your level of education (Management etc. ) and then switch back to PSW while maintaining the ??800 in the account. But this would have cost me a lot. (Student visa fees+ Short-term course fees blahblah) before I am ready again for the PSW. If you are so desperate not to leave the UK and mess up your leave to remain period. This may be an option... If you decided to do this read Tier 4 new conditions... It is just a suggestion
________
Weed
Last edited by Jack_Hammer on Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

mnyash
Newly Registered

Post by mnyash » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:41 pm

I AM NOT WORRIED ABOUT LEAVE TO REMAIN AS PSW NO LONGER COUNTS FOR THAT. THE MONEY FOR EXTENDING VISA AS A STUDENT IS ALOT TOO SO THINK I WILL JUS GO BACK N DO IT IN MY COUNTRY.IT WILL BE A NICE HOLIDAY:)

I WAS THINKING OF ADDING MY NAME IN MY PARENTS ACCOUNT AND THEN USE A LETTER FROM THE BANK SAYING THE ACCOUNT HAS HAD THE MONEY FOR 3 MONTHS INSTEAD OF USING BANK STATEMENTS.IF THIS DOESNT WORK THEN ILL HAVE TO BOOK FLIGHT ASAP

Jack_Hammer
BANNED

Post by Jack_Hammer » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:00 pm

I know this type of visa does not lead to settlement on the short-term, some they use it for the long term " after 10 years"... All you saying: I have tried all the ideas when I was there, Joint-account etc... All of them come up short. Good Luck
________
ROLL BLUNTS
Last edited by Jack_Hammer on Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

mnyash
Newly Registered

Post by mnyash » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:02 pm

cool thanks alot