ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen D- 5 day transit at the beginning?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kobrien

Schengen D- 5 day transit at the beginning?

Post by kobrien » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:52 pm

I have a national d-type visa for Italy as an "Accompanying Spouse"
(it's a long story why I have it...but anyways)

One of the stipulations: I will only be allowed to have a 5 day transit once I enter the Schengen zone.

This confuses me since I'm a US citizen and am allowed a 3 month stay anywhere outside of Italy (in a 90 day period of time).

Is this rule only for third country nationals who are not from visa waiver countries?

oh, the reason I'm asking is:
I'm *accompanying* my sposue for 10 days around the EU before we go to Italy.

oh, and I know the authorities would probably not know, but I would rather play it safe.

charles4u
Member of Standing

Re: Schengen D- 5 day transit at the beginning?

Post by charles4u » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:28 am

kobrien wrote:I have a national d-type visa for Italy as an "Accompanying Spouse"
(it's a long story why I have it...but anyways)

One of the stipulations: I will only be allowed to have a 5 day transit once I enter the Schengen zone.

This confuses me since I'm a US citizen and am allowed a 3 month stay anywhere outside of Italy (in a 90 day period of time).

Is this rule only for third country nationals who are not from visa waiver countries?

oh, the reason I'm asking is:
I'm *accompanying* my sposue for 10 days around the EU before we go to Italy.

oh, and I know the authorities would probably not know, but I would rather play it safe.
Is this rule only for third country nationals who are not from visa waiver countries? .....YES

Since you hold a US passport...then you can travel within the Schengen region for 90days either accompanying your EU spouse or not.
Charles4u