ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ireland - What am I?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

miyeo
Newly Registered

Ireland - What am I?

Post by miyeo » Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:38 pm

I have an Irish company that would like me to be a consultant for them. Basically, they offer a service for Irish Nationals who want to purchase homes in the States. I would be advising those clients on how to obtain financing in the states based on US requirements/legislation. I would still be employed by my US company and paid by them (US) in USD. I would only be in Ireland for the face to face connection with clients.
That being said... Would I need a work permit? I don't actually work and get paid by the Irish company? I'm not opening a company or branch so I don't think Business Permission would be correct.. Would I then just request Permission to Remain based on my savings/assets and that I would not be a hardship on the state. The Irish company is willing to apply for the work permit, but I don't know the technicalities because they won't actually "pay" me.
Just basically asking for a nudge in the right direction.
Thanks in advance...