ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Leaving/re-entering UK during EEA2 application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Antho_ie
Newly Registered

Leaving/re-entering UK during EEA2 application

Post by Antho_ie » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:25 am

Well, 9 months after applying for EEA2 still no RC :( although application is finally with a case worker. Maybe by Christmas we'll finally have the freedom of travel I've been used too!

After we applied for my wifes's RC we booked a trip to Thailand(back to see in-laws) for September (leaving tomorrow) fully expecting her RC to be with us long before then.

Anyway, as per the letter we got got on return of her passport we need another EEA FP for her return. So, was in touch with VFS in Bangkok who were polite but lacking any useful info.... First off, didn't believe we were calling from UK & then told us minimum application time for EEAFP was 12 weeks!! (We're only going for 3 weeks) and that my wife would need a TB test. I presumed that as a returning Resident to the UK she would not need this but the information available to us is lacking.

So far we have completed the online VAF5 application & booked an appointment (Sep 22) but will probably spend the 1st few days queing at VFS in the hope of getting the app in sooner.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Will I be returning from holiday without my wife? Is it possible to speak with UKBA at the airport before we leave?

Richard66

Post by Richard66 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:49 am

Have you thought about complaining to the European Commission about this delay?
Aiming at travelling to the UK with my wife and not with an EEA FP!

Antho_ie
Newly Registered

Post by Antho_ie » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:43 pm

Richard66 wrote:Have you thought about complaining to the European Commission about this delay?
Already done, application is with case worker, but no good as we fly out in lass than 24hours!

Richard66

Post by Richard66 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:03 pm

Are you not risking it a bit? What happens if they deny the EEAFP or if there is no interview available?
Aiming at travelling to the UK with my wife and not with an EEA FP!

Antho_ie
Newly Registered

Post by Antho_ie » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:54 am

Richard66 wrote:Are you not risking it a bit? What happens if they deny the EEAFP or if there is no interview available?
According to their own guidance for issuing the EEAFP we meet the criteria. Main factor is timescale. I'd much prefer to be on the same flight back to the UK!