ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR and absence

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tomkin

ILR and absence

Post by tomkin » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:56 pm

Hi Guys,

Just a quick question :-

While working for X (Indian Co.) in UK on work permit, I went back to India to resign when I got the job offer from Y on 2/06/2005 in UK.

I went back on 4/06/2005
and my last working day for X in India was 17/06/2005.

In the meantime co. Y in had applied for my new workpermit and I got the work permit in hand about 10/07/2005 and
subsequently applied for EC and landed back in UK on 17/07/2005.

In total 42 days of absence from UK in this instance.

I am applying for ILR in few days and wanted to know if it can have an impact on my ILR success ?

Any advice will be appreciated.

nksg

Re: ILR and absence

Post by nksg » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:10 pm

Countinuous absence less than 90 days should be fine!!
nileshratan wrote:Hi Guys,

Just a quick question :-

While working for X (Indian Co.) in UK on work permit, I went back to India to resign when I got the job offer from Y on 2/06/2005 in UK.

I went back on 4/06/2005
and my last working day for X in India was 17/06/2005.

In the meantime co. Y in had applied for my new workpermit and I got the work permit in hand about 10/07/2005 and
subsequently applied for EC and landed back in UK on 17/07/2005.

In total 42 days of absence from UK in this instance.

I am applying for ILR in few days and wanted to know if it can have an impact on my ILR success ?

Any advice will be appreciated.

tomkin

Post by tomkin » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:19 pm

Thanks nksg

Does changing the emplyment and getting the new work permit outside of 28 days not affect my case.

I am sure case worker will not be able to spot that (will go for personal appointment).

What should be the reason of absence in the SET(O) form ? Change of employment ?? I really want to avoid writing it. Will writing holiday amount to deception ?

nksg

Post by nksg » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:25 pm

Ideally it should not..as your new WP was filed within 28 days? i would call up UKBA to conform.. basically i am in the same boat but in my case the gap is 94 days out of country as i left UK employers WP to Join Indian employer in 2005. There was some delay in the new assignment so delay in return... happy to wait for 6 more months :).
nileshratan wrote:Thanks nksg

Does changing the emplyment and getting the new work permit outside of 28 days not affect my case.

I am sure case worker will not be able to spot that (will go for personal appointment).

What should be the reason of absence in the SET(O) form ? Change of employment ?? I really want to avoid writing it. Will writing holiday amount to deception ?

tomkin

Post by tomkin » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:27 pm

So in that case do i need the application cover letter copy that the second company used to apply for my re-work permit ??

nksg

Post by nksg » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:37 pm

I dont think thats required!! letter from them should be fine.

Just a thought why dont you request SAR (subject access request) from UKBA. It will show all your immigration history and costs £10.
nileshratan wrote:So in that case do i need the application cover letter copy that the second company used to apply for my re-work permit ??

tomkin

Post by tomkin » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:43 pm

nksg wrote:I dont think thats required!! letter from them should be fine.
Which letter ? From who ?
nksg wrote: Just a thought why dont you request SAR (subject access request) from UKBA. It will show all your immigration history and costs £10.
How long does it take ? I am planning to apply in Nov 2009

nksg

Post by nksg » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:57 pm

nileshratan wrote:
nksg wrote:I dont think thats required!! letter from them should be fine.
Which letter ? From who ? Second employer
nksg wrote: Just a thought why dont you request SAR (subject access request) from UKBA. It will show all your immigration history and costs £10.
How long does it take ? I am planning to apply in Nov 2009
Please read this: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... f0765ed431