ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How can i get bank statment????

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nmm

How can i get bank statment????

Post by nmm » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:20 pm

Hi,

I have problem getting bank statement, actually i deposited the required fund in the my Barclay's bank account 3 months back and didn't do any transaction after that. Now i was waiting for last two month for my bank statement but didn't got it. I called many time on phone but they told me that it will be generated or its on the way. Now i went to my branch and they told me that statements were not generated as i didn't do any transaction in account. I requested them to generate now but they told that can't do it, only head office can do. I requested them for letter but they also refused as they don't do any letter. They just told me that they can print on a normal paper and stamp it. but it don't contain my full name and address. I am really confused what should i do now?? How can i get my statement on bank letter head.
Please if someone have this kind of experience with Barclay's can help what is the right procedure to get the statement.

Thanks

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: How can i get bank statment????

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:25 pm

nmm wrote:Hi,

I have problem getting bank statement, actually i deposited the required fund in the my Barclay's bank account 3 months back and didn't do any transaction after that. Now i was waiting for last two month for my bank statement but didn't got it. I called many time on phone but they told me that it will be generated or its on the way. Now i went to my branch and they told me that statements were not generated as i didn't do any transaction in account. I requested them to generate now but they told that can't do it, only head office can do. I requested them for letter but they also refused as they don't do any letter. They just told me that they can print on a normal paper and stamp it. but it don't contain my full name and address. I am really confused what should i do now?? How can i get my statement on bank letter head.
Please if someone have this kind of experience with Barclay's can help what is the right procedure to get the statement.

Thanks
Deposit £1 in your account. Since you have done transaction now, you will get statement. Also send email to bank from your internet banking facility for the letter. I am sure all banks in UK do letters for their customer but with little fees(approx. £12 max i think).

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:18 am

Yes do some transcation n make them happy n then demand for a statement... try to get the statement to ur home address by post that will avoid u to run behind them again for letter if u go by internet option or print at bank.. it may take a week max.. goodluck

nmm

Post by nmm » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:11 pm

Thanks ramesh,

I did few transactions yesterday and spoke with my branch and they told me that they will send the statement to my home address that may take 8-10 days to reach. but it will be not on headed paper. I told the lady that i need statement on headed paper as its required by Home office but she told me that she can't do anything. As normal monthly statement printed on headed paper but requested statment can't be. I requested her to tell me any way i can get it urgently and on headed paper and I will pay if there is any fee. But she told me that there is no way and Home office should accept this statement.

I am really desperate, Home office require statement on headed paper but Banks in UK has no policy to provide this. Don't home office know this situation? I have money in my account from last 3 months but still i am feeling myself in bad situation.

Can please some senior know this type of situation and what if i submit this statement to home office? What else i can do so the Home office accept this?

Thanks

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:30 pm

nmm wrote:Thanks ramesh,

I did few transactions yesterday and spoke with my branch and they told me that they will send the statement to my home address that may take 8-10 days to reach. but it will be not on headed paper. I told the lady that i need statement on headed paper as its required by Home office but she told me that she can't do anything. As normal monthly statement printed on headed paper but requested statment can't be. I requested her to tell me any way i can get it urgently and on headed paper and I will pay if there is any fee. But she told me that there is no way and Home office should accept this statement.

I am really desperate, Home office require statement on headed paper but Banks in UK has no policy to provide this. Don't home office know this situation? I have money in my account from last 3 months but still i am feeling myself in bad situation.

Can please some senior know this type of situation and what if i submit this statement to home office? What else i can do so the Home office accept this?

Thanks
Just make sure this statement has your name, account no,bank logo etc. on it. SInce this is from bank itself, it should be accepted by HO. Also try to get it stamp from bank if you can.

nmm

Post by nmm » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:01 pm

Thanks chetanojha,
She told me that there will be no bank logo on it but contains the name of bank? If i get stamped it from bank, will it be fine?

ukjobaspirer

Post by ukjobaspirer » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:51 am

nmm wrote:Thanks chetanojha,
She told me that there will be no bank logo on it but contains the name of bank? If i get stamped it from bank, will it be fine?
It should be fine, if they stamp on it.. but i don't think they do it that easily.

ukjobaspirer

Post by ukjobaspirer » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:59 am

Hi Chetanojha/tvn_ramesh/Push/Administrator,

I see a lot of people face problems with the statements and with the photographs. I think its better we make a styicky post regarding this.

As regard to banks, I have had the same problem with Barclays before. They don't send proper statements when we request it and its always a problem to get it stamped.

After I switched to Natwest, my monthly statements are regular, but if I want a statement in the middle of a statement period. Some months back, when I applied for my dependant's visa, I needed a statement till the 10th of that month, but after 7-8 days I got the statement till 27th of the previous month.. and this did not contain the usual header they have which shows the previous balance and current new balance and did not contain my house address too, as they written the address by hand in the post cover.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:07 am

I have account with HSBC.. and they are best in sending Bankstatements on request any day and watever date you request it from to.. they dont even charge any money for the DUP statemetns.. and i receive them in 3-4days time at home.. and they do this on their header paper.. with all the details.. i know this is not the solution for authors question but just its my exp with HSBC.. (shd mention that they do charge monthly fee of 6.90GBP initially n 12.99 after 12months??)

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:56 am

I got my Maintenance funds in HSBC and have been to branch to request statments (because I opted out of paper statements). They said mine should be at my home address within 5 working days.

Anyway, the statements didn't arrive so I went back to the branch and complained, the lady suggested to request again and added if they don't arrive this time, walk back to the branch and they'll print them for me and stamp them as well.

As per the main account, its with Alliance & Leicester and I do get monthly statement by post but I am planning to go into the branch as I would need the current statement (not older than 5 days) before I send my docs to HO in Second week of October. Fingers crossed

mah

Post by mah » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:10 pm

innocentdevil wrote:I got my Maintenance funds in HSBC and have been to branch to request statments (because I opted out of paper statements). They said mine should be at my home address within 5 working days.

Anyway, the statements didn't arrive so I went back to the branch and complained, the lady suggested to request again and added if they don't arrive this time, walk back to the branch and they'll print them for me and stamp them as well.

As per the main account, its with Alliance & Leicester and I do get monthly statement by post but I am planning to go into the branch as I would need the current statement (not older than 5 days) before I send my docs to HO in Second week of October. Fingers crossed
Dear Innocentdevil,
Do you mean bank statement should not be more than 5 days old !?

Regards

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:36 am

mah wrote:
innocentdevil wrote:I got my Maintenance funds in HSBC and have been to branch to request statments (because I opted out of paper statements). They said mine should be at my home address within 5 working days.

Dear Innocentdevil,
Do you mean bank statement should not be more than 5 days old !?

Regards
I dont think thats what he means. The maintenance fund statements should not be dated earlier than a month on the date of application
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:25 am

i have been told that for MAINTENANCE FUNDS, the statement should not be more than 8 days old so lets say If I am applying on 5 of month... they should NOT be older than 28 (considering 30 days in a month)

and for the main bank account, it should NOT be older than 5 days so again If I am applying on 5 of the month --- the statement should not be older than 30 of the last month.

Moderators ?

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:34 am

innocentdevil wrote:i have been told that for MAINTENANCE FUNDS, the statement should not be more than 8 days old so lets say If I am applying on 5 of month... they should NOT be older than 28 (considering 30 days in a month)

and for the main bank account, it should NOT be older than 5 days so again If I am applying on 5 of the month --- the statement should not be older than 30 of the last month.

Moderators ?
Thats incorrect. Refer the Guidance notes
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

mah

Post by mah » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:03 pm

push wrote:
innocentdevil wrote:i have been told that for MAINTENANCE FUNDS, the statement should not be more than 8 days old so lets say If I am applying on 5 of month... they should NOT be older than 28 (considering 30 days in a month)

Moderators ?
Thats incorrect. Refer the Guidance notes
I think Push is right. Because you receive the bank statments 10-15 days after the period it covers.

By the way, my bank statements do not have issue date but it show the period it covers. Does it make any problem?

Regards

mah

sanblazer
Newly Registered

Log a complaint

Post by sanblazer » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:19 pm

Hi nmm,

I am facing the same issue with Barclays ..they r just driving me up the wall .
U can call them up using telephone banking service and log a complaint against the branch which is refusing you the statement . According to the phone banking guy..the branch is suppsed to give the statements if you request it .

Also if u request for it ..they promise to deliver within 6 working days ..but have never recieved it .

PLease keep me updated on ur progress as I am in a similar situation as your are.

regards,
Sandeep

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Log a complaint

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:00 pm

sanblazer wrote:Hi nmm,

U can call them up using telephone banking service and log a complaint against the branch which is refusing you the statement . According to the phone banking guy..the branch is suppsed to give the statements if you request it .

Also if u request for it ..they promise to deliver within 6 working days ..but have never recieved it .

PLease keep me updated on ur progress as I am in a similar situation as your are.

regards,
Sandeep
Sandeep,

====================================
Step 1:

1. Draft a letter you want from bank along with a written application that you want letter from bank for your Visa purpose. Make sure to mention that you have requested this over phone banking and personally many time but not joy.
2. Walkin to the branch and handover then same to customer executive and tell him you want to make "official" request for the letter for which you are made run from pillar to post.
3. Note down name of the customer service person, date and time.
4. Tell them this is "very urgent" and you may loose visa if they delay it.

Step 2:
From your Internet banking email, send the template to bank asking them to provide you the letter as soon as possible. Don;t forget to mention that you are made fade up with the way bank has dealth with you request for mere letter. Send the same format (which you handover to branch) in this email too.

Step 3:

1. Call phone banking of your bank and ask them that you have made "official request and greivance" with the bank about the way your have been treated by the bank. Once you made this clear also request to the phone agent if he can accelerate the process of getting. Be nice and polited to phone banking agent(you voice is recorded).

====================================

You should receive reply for atleast some of the above step. Generally bank's reply to Internet Requests are fast (guess it save them money) atleast in my case. They may ask you to pay fee for such letter(which they can charge you legally so don't bang head over it) . Reply to the mail and ask them to confirm the content of letter with you once it is ready just to make sure you don't have to go thru this again.

Keep them callling everyday for the same to remind that you have made a request and you need it fast or you will be send back. Also feel free to loose temper after 3-4 days so that bank knows you are really agitated by their behaviour(hope it won't come to this point).

I hope this should work. It worked for me. Though it wasn't as easy as it seems and I had to literally shout of HSBC phone banking officer to get it done.

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Re: Log a complaint

Post by cheshiregoan » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:09 pm

sanblazer wrote:Hi nmm,

regards,
Sandeep
Go to the branch and request for the statement once again, and separately make an official complaint that you are unsatisfied with the service offered to you.

My experience with Barclays is that once you have made an official complaint they will ensure that your work is done and they will not charge you any fees that they normally charge you.
Please do not send me any Private Messages as I do not check these.

nmm

Post by nmm » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:10 am

Yes, the same thing worked for me. Despite of calling them 5-6 times and visiting branch 3 times I didn't get any statement. Then I made official complaint and note down complaint number. After 4-5 days I received my all required statements on bank letterhead and they didn't charge even a single penny. I don't know why organization in Uk behave like this, they exploit the lack of information

sanblazer
Newly Registered

Post by sanblazer » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:45 am

Thanks Guys ..I will give it a go and u have mentioned and see what happens .