ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Experinece - Unmarried partner/FLR(M) applied in person

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Fon
Newly Registered

Experinece - Unmarried partner/FLR(M) applied in person

Post by Fon » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:11 pm

Hi, it is my first time posting in this forum. While in a process of applying for my own visa, I found this forum very helpful and therefore I'd just like to share my own experience in case it would help anyone else.

I had just been successful in applying for leave to remain under Unmarried Partnership through a premium service (in person). I switched from post study worker into this category.

My case was that, I am a Thai national with a British partner. I had been living with my partner since 2004 except for one year that he went away to work somewhere else. We have always lived with our friends in the same house as well. We didn't really prepare the documents until late last year (2008). Therefore, the only thing we have in joint name is my bank account which I put his name in as joint person (started oct 2008). Previously, I have never had any tenancy agreement either, it is always under my partner or my housemates name. So the only docs we have are assortment of letters/statements sent to us individually but to the same address. Eg.

- my statements his/mine/joint
- my phone bill
- his tenancy agreement
- our GP registration
- his parking permit
- TV/furniture receipts
- my home office letters
- letters from university
- his voting registration
- my red cross donation letters
- etc.. many more random letters

At Public Enquiry Office (appointment 3pm arrived 2.30pm)
2.30pm Massive queue!! should have got there half an hour earlier.
3.00pm After slow, airport standard security we got in and report to the reception desk.
3.20pm Called in to check the application form/ photos and passports
Pay at the next counter
Then about 45 mins wait to be called for biometric enrollment
Another 10 mins to be called for biometric
Biometric only take 5-10 mins or so
Another long wait before a case worker called us to the counter. All she asked was, what kind of app, where did we meet and what docs have i got. I handed the whole pile of docs to her and briefly explain how i organise it. She said she'll put it in the system, it will take 20-30 mins.

After waiting for over an hour with much agitation since we were the only people left by 6 o'clock, the case worker return. She handed back the docs and said my ID card will arrive in 5-7 days!! that was it :)

I decided to use premium service because I've heard of many cases that wait for the result for over 9 months. It was well worth it since our case wasn't so straight forward.

I hope this can some how help people who's struggling with their application. Leave me msg if u have any question.