ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Free movement and risde in german,as EU family member?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

saif007
Newly Registered

Free movement and risde in german,as EU family member?

Post by saif007 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:30 pm

HI.everybody.
i am non-EU national(Pak) but i am married in lithuania ,my marriage ligal regested in lithuania.i hve residency card here, as studend. my wife want to go Germany .so can i get in germany residency card(how long will be 5 years) with wife? which kide of requrement for this ?how much proses?

best regards

daexpat
Newly Registered

Post by daexpat » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:50 pm

since lithuania is a schengen state, and u are a resident of lithuania you shd be able to travel freely to germany.
Last edited by daexpat on Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

saif007
Newly Registered

reside in germany.

Post by saif007 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:03 pm

thanks for reply,
i know lithunia in schengen states now and we can move in all schengen states if we hve one state residency permit .( in real i want to know wat kind of requriements for reside in gemany? as EU family member

dsab85

Post by dsab85 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:36 am

It's not this easy in Germany, as there is no full right of "free movement" for your wife in germany yet.

Germany has implemented restrictions on members of the new EU states that will only be lifted in 2011. Till then she will still need a job and a work permit before you would be allowed to move there with her.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3513889.stm#germany