ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Teir 1 Application refund issued. Reason R: Miscellaneous

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bigchemist
Newly Registered

Teir 1 Application refund issued. Reason R: Miscellaneous

Post by bigchemist » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:42 pm

Hi all,
I sent my application on around the 17th Aug and money was taken two days after.

Yesterday I found the money refunded in my account and a letter followed with the date of 17th Sep on it saying:

Thank you for your recent application for leave to remain in the UK.
A refund is being issued for the above application for the following reason:

R: Miscellaneous

The credit/debit card used to make the original payment has been credited with £820.00

and today being a saturday I have no way of calling them.. So now, I am waiting my application to come back to me.. but have no idea why they refunded me the money.. any ideas?

You help is very appreciated

push
United Kingdom

Re: Teir 1 Application refund issued. Reason R: Miscellaneou

Post by push » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:40 pm

bigchemist wrote:Hi all,
I sent my application on around the 17th Aug and money was taken two days after.

Yesterday I found the money refunded in my account and a letter followed with the date of 17th Sep on it saying:

Thank you for your recent application for leave to remain in the UK.
A refund is being issued for the above application for the following reason:

R: Miscellaneous

The credit/debit card used to make the original payment has been credited with £820.00

and today being a saturday I have no way of calling them.. So now, I am waiting my application to come back to me.. but have no idea why they refunded me the money.. any ideas?

You help is very appreciated
Was your photograph in order?
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

bigchemist
Newly Registered

Post by bigchemist » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:12 pm

Hi There, Thanks for the fast reply

I followed the guidance regarding the photo requierments and actually took the photo using a photoME booth in boots two days before the application, No smiling, no glasses etc

I understand that there is a whole thread in relation to the rejection due to photo problem.. where those accompanied by the same letter I reveiced from UKBA? i.e reson R: Miscellaneous?

My greatest worry is that my current HSMP application expired on 24th Aug and now my understanding that I cannot appy in person..

Thanks

ps, my status is: HSMP 2 yr from 2007 - 2009 and applyed to extent under Tier 1, Age: 29 , Income £27K (one source), PhD qualification

bigchemist
Newly Registered

Monies arrived

Post by bigchemist » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:21 pm

Its worth adding that the letter about the refund was dated 17th Sep and the monies were back on my Mastercard Credit Card on the 18th.

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Re: Monies arrived

Post by crowbar6 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:23 pm

bigchemist wrote:Its worth adding that the letter about the refund was dated 17th Sep and the monies were back on my Mastercard Credit Card on the 18th.
Does the letter say that your application is being returned? Wait till Monday and then give them a call to find out the status.
Regards,
crowbar6

bigchemist
Newly Registered

Post by bigchemist » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:28 pm

Thank you for your input ..

Actually No, there is nothing mentioned about the return of my application.

I am very bafflled with the slim letter they sent, bear minimum information! what is Miscellaneous?! ( i guess that the only useful peice of information on my refund letter is thier Reference number)

I called them a week ago trying to get an update on the progess of the application, the dude on the phone said that they are unable to give me an update on the application unless 13 weeks have passed from submittion..

I know that with the information at hand today I might get someone to tell me something on Monday!

sujyo

Post by sujyo » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:11 pm

In the photograph you should ensure that your face is at least 29mm and not more than 34 mm in length. If you have a copy of the photograph submitted just try to measure it and see if it falls in this measurements.

i took three sets of photographs......Let's see i am yet to hear my results.

bigchemist
Newly Registered

Post by bigchemist » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:38 pm

I will check on that.. not sure of the dimensions..

But wouldn't the reason of refund be something other than Miscellaneous?

If i do get my application back, and now that my current leave has expired.. what should i do?

shanmugak
Newly Registered

Post by shanmugak » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:24 pm

I faced the same situation. My application was returned back as 'Invalid Application' along with all other supporting documents. Five days later I received a letter from Home Office - Payments division that a refund would happen. The following day, it was refunded.

My mistake was that the photograph provided by me was same as the one used for initial application. It was a gross mistake from my end.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:49 pm

shanmugak wrote:I faced the same situation. My application was returned back as 'Invalid Application' along with all other supporting documents. Five days later I received a letter from Home Office - Payments division that a refund would happen. The following day, it was refunded.

My mistake was that the photograph provided by me was same as the one used for initial application. It was a gross mistake from my end.
Did you also receive an advance intimation stating reason of refusal as Misc, just as in case of the OP?
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Post by crowbar6 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:33 am

push wrote:
shanmugak wrote:I faced the same situation. My application was returned back as 'Invalid Application' along with all other supporting documents. Five days later I received a letter from Home Office - Payments division that a refund would happen. The following day, it was refunded.

Did you also receive an advance intimation stating reason of refusal as Misc, just as in case of the OP?
@bigchemist - Were you able to speak to HO?
Regards,
crowbar6

bigchemist
Newly Registered

Some News

Post by bigchemist » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:25 pm

Hi,
Just to recap, Refund issued 17th Sep - Recieved 19th Sep
Application retuend to my work address on the 15th sep.
(was working away from office, Managed to pick up post today)

Reason of invalid Application: No police registration certificate included.

I have to admit that although I have been preparing the application for three months, the police certificate slipped me.

Now for even more desperate call out for help.. the situation is more complex.. I cannot get a personal appointment with the Home Office as my HSMP visa expired on the 24th Aug.

How do I progess? . I realise that the bank statement showing the maintanence funds needs to be upto date.. so i am getting one ordered now.. but is there anything else i need to look out for and get put right?

Sods Law, I now will loose points on age as I turned 30 on the 15th :-s but luckily im on 25points from income and along my PhD, i am still safe..

I understand from the ammended Section C of the immigration law that I will not be considered an Overstayer, as my applicaiton was at the home office.. but how long do I really have? (not that im trying to test tier patiteince, but 5 days already passed and I will still need to wait more before the statemtents come from Halifax.
Your Help and advise is very appreciated.

Regards

sujyo

Post by sujyo » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:32 pm

is it mandatory to include police registration certificate when ur on workpermit and applying for tier 1 general.....

i havent included one...

bigchemist
Newly Registered

Post by bigchemist » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:34 pm

crowbar6 wrote:
@bigchemist - Were you able to speak to HO?
Hi, I managed to get through the phone after long long waiting on hold.. The lady said that she could not tell me why my application was invalid, and she gave me the Royal Mail tracking number and told me to go and look for my pack and see for myself..

She told me to submit a new application with the correct paperwork.. I did question what to do since my residency already expired, she mentioned that the HO will consider the applicaiton but if It gets refused, I will have no right to appeal..

Funny enough, during the conversation, she asked me, if I included the police registration, and I answered i not sure.. and in fact it was whats wrong with my application, but she refused to confirm that it was what invalidated my application

bigchemist
Newly Registered

Post by bigchemist » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:42 pm

sujyo wrote:is it mandatory to include police registration certificate when ur on workpermit and applying for tier 1 general.....

i havent included one...
Well, its the purple paper that you got the first time you entered the country.. if you were asked to obtain one..

it seems that from the wording on page 68, not everyone going on Tier 1 needs it.. so you may not have to submit it.. do you have it?

I didnt realise that I need one either and the place where the application referes to that on the application is in fact only at the last page where you tick the boxes saying what documents you inclosed on Page 66.. and then in the Help Text after the application on Page 68 under Submitting a Valid Application

sujyo

Post by sujyo » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:44 pm

No I never got any such letter.

sujyo

Post by sujyo » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:46 pm

why dont you call up HO again and ask as tom some different representative might be available. Just to take a different opinion and confirm its the same stuff missing and not anything else.

bigchemist
Newly Registered

Post by bigchemist » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:30 pm

sujyo wrote:No I never got any such letter.
I went to Borough in London in 2002 when I first evtered to the UK oon a s student Visa.. I was required to register with the police then and every time I made an extension (2003, 2007) I had to pass it through them to get it stamped. . so yeah .. you probably are part of the "Applicants who are required to register with the Police must also include their Police Registration Certificate with their application"

Fingers Crossed..

bigchemist
Newly Registered

Overstayer

Post by bigchemist » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:00 pm

I called the HO today and I was advised to send a fresh application.

The time-critical document like the bank statement showing funds will need to be reobtaibned with a newer date on it.

Now that my residency has expired, I am not covered by the Section 3C of tyhe immigration law and will be considered applying after overstaying my visa. therefore Question D16 will have to Say Yes and I will need to explain why I over stayed.

Does any one have any advise on how to proceed.?

chrisonrails
Newly Registered

Re: Overstayer

Post by chrisonrails » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:36 pm

bigchemist wrote:I called the HO today and I was advised to send a fresh application.

The time-critical document like the bank statement showing funds will need to be reobtaibned with a newer date on it.

Now that my residency has expired, I am not covered by the Section 3C of tyhe immigration law and will be considered applying after overstaying my visa. therefore Question D16 will have to Say Yes and I will need to explain why I over stayed.

Does any one have any advise on how to proceed.?
That's what I did as well, filled out D16, stated the reason, also mentioned about this in my cover letter. Call HO before sending out the fresh application, was told it will be up to the caseworker .... let's see how it goes....